Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Textbook INSIDE BARS

3 perfect Inside Bars within a short-span of 5 hours that would have yielded very lucrative returns - had I traded them (well, maybe not, coz I would have run after 3 candles at most anyway. But these are high probability setups with relatively lower risk, since you usually use the high or low of the inside bar as stops).

Double Bottom

Resistance-Turned-Support
Draw resistance where price was stopped. Look for resistance to be broken. Look for at least 2 closes (on bullish candles) above resistance. When price makes a throwback to resistance, keep a lookout for inside bars that form above it. If the bar is formed below, but the candle following opens and closes above, good to go.

Fib 38.2 Throwback

Instead, I went for really lousy setups, lost the first 2 trades (stop loss - hard ones - totally to be blamed!!), and took the next 4 (NO hard stops used - only mental ones taking into account S & R and volatility stops) to break even (if I didn't have to pay my broker).


Have had enough of Euro for today. Switching to ES & TF after US market opens.

Al and Keish are not eating or drinking. I'm starting to use syringes to force water into them. If they don't get better, I think I'll go crazy worrying.

I really have to sort out this stop loss issue. Or maybe it's my entry.

Yup, totally my entries. If I know I just went in on a bad entry, I wouldn't hold my trades, and would rather take a loss.

1 comment:

cory said...

research on cat not eating http://cats.suite101.com/article.cfm/why_isnt_my_cat_eating