Wednesday, March 4, 2009

ES Trades 3/3

Not a fantastic day:

1) Lost internet connection thrice - when I was in trade!
2) My cordless mouse kept asking me for new battery, and I couldn't give it one until D came home!
3) Planned my trades, traded my plan, got the direction right, totally stuck to my rules, and yet made no money.
4) My computer crashed on me, and when I managed to get it back up, I've lost the record of today's trades!!

All in all, I had 7 trades today. 4 winning, 3 losing. In sequence, it would be: win, loss, win, loss, win, loss, win. Profit (before paying my broker USD 33.60 for 7 round trades): ZERO

Today's the day I realized that there are simply just days when you can do everything right, and not profit from it.

More importantly, I would like to celebrate today as the day that I finally felt absolutely nothing when I exited with small losses more than twice.

7 comments:

mvw said...

Hey Jules, a flat day is a great day as far as trading is concerned. Way to stay disciplined!

Complacent Panda said...

Sorry that just about everything that could go wrong, did. =/

At least your home didn't catch on fire =D

Lord Tedders said...

These types of days frustrate the heck out of me. Way to stay positive.

Oh, and thanks in general for inspiring me to come back to blogging.

LT

IfUSeekAmyEd said...

Oh, i hate the idea of working for the broker.

Jules said...

Solfest:
Thank you! :-D

MVW:
yup, definitely very tempted to get back in...took a lot of will power to stay on the sideline when ES finally plunged...

Panda:
I was on fire when I couldn't get back on IB! Was cursing my internet service provider while switching to mobile network. LOL!

ED:
I don't hate my broker, I just want to be it. hahaha...

LT:
WELCOME BACK!! I've missed your musings! Good to have you back really :-)

sage08 said...

Lost internet connection? This is rare in Singapore. The last time i experience outage was when earthquake damaged cables in taiwan a couple of years back. Use Singtel. They are more reliable.

Jules said...

I hate Starhub. I really hate them. More than I hate myself.They suck!!!