Friday, March 13, 2009

ES Trade 3/12


Sat on my hands for more than 15 hours (what can I say, I have problem trading bullish patterns), and finally decided to go for a break out play. Was fooled into covering too early - by a dark cloud cover! I should have known better. Anyway, I gave it a shot.

No more breakout plays for me.

Told D last night that I was going to go back to trade the active trading hours. Looks like I have to tell him again. Coz he's waiting up for me, and I have to turn in now....

3 comments:

tradetolast.com said...

How do you like the TOS platform for futures? I demo'd it a while back but it didn't seem to be future friendly and instead more for options. I love the look and feel though. Any pros/cons you care to share would be fantastic. Thanks!

Jules said...

Hi Stan,
I'm happy with TOS. It's frozen on me a few times but not often enough to frustrate. It has everything I need there - pivot points, open interest and most of the popular indicators. I can draw my fib, and even regression channels. It has quite a number of timeframes (including ticks)- the common ones though and not something like a 9-min. And you can switch easily from a setting that includes non-trading hours to one without.

What I would love for it to have though is intraday timeframe for up to 3 months (It has only 20 days max). The other thing is, you can't superimpose indicator (TICK, TRIN,VIX & such) charts on your main chart.

I'm not particular about alerts on the chart itself (e.g limit down & such - don't think a blinking red on the chart will help when it's triggered...I check elsewhere for info, guidelines and news), indicators and things like these, so as long as the feeds are fast and reliable, and the basic drawing tools are there, I'm happy.

Were you looking for a few specific features for futures trading?

tradetolast.com said...

Thanks Jules. I currently use tradestation and I'm relatively happy with it though it could be improved. TOS just feels better organized and it is easier to access, e.g. over the web, via mac or pc. I have a mac at home and pc at work so it would be nice to not have to bring home my laptop and just trade on my mac if I feel like doing something after hours. Anyway, just checking. I should probably check it out again soon.

Happy trading!
Stan