Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Euro & Yen Futures (Simulated) Trades 3/23

1st trade of the day, and the 1st 6E (Euro future) trade of the day.

Price had retraced 38.2%, perfect pullback for a measured move down.

When everything crossed over bearish, I started looking out for a candle that I can enter on.

Inside bars are what I like. Saw one at the perfect spot: when the 5min EMA crossed beneath my 65min EMAs.

Took the trade, and covered at 161.8 target. I was tempted to cover earlier at 138.2, but my displaced MA and Bollinger band (not shown here - they clutter my chart and make it difficult to read and for me to write notes) were giving STRONG signals to hold on to trade.

At 161.8%, signal started to get weak, and since my target has been hit anyway, I covered for 6.3 points.

2nd 6E trade for the day:
I wasn't sure about my entry, and hence had placed no fixed stop (should have taken that as a reason to NOT enter). I was ready to exit for a loss anytime a candle closed above the 25EMA.

I don't know why I shorted it. Usually, the pipe bottom would have had me going long too early actually.

"Lost in charts" is the only reason I can think of. Had I stepped back and reassess after 1245, I would have seen the pipe bottom, the Inverted HS and the very obvious higher peaks clearly enough to throw out any short bias.

Lost 1.7 Points here.

3rd trade:
Yen futures trade was similar, except that I had entered on a bearish engulfing pattern. On hindsight, really dumb to take a bearish engulfing as a signal to go short when price was at day's low. Again, lost in charts.... Anyway, I had a hard stop for this, and was stopped out at 1.8 points.

2 comments:

M said...

Jules, I never quite understood how people trade Fib extensions until you posted your charts above. Now I know...

Thanks!

cory said...

so you are a Fib fan, here is Hubert's video of a fib trade he called it ambush trade http://www.tradethemarkets.com/public/3251.cfm