I am not American, and I don't like to talk about politics, the economy and general social ills. Because they are unnecessarily complicated, and generally inherently depressing. But I've reached the point that I need to unload some pent up indignation. After days of reading stories like this, I have been visualizing slapping the person I used to admire.
What baffles me is, why is he even reprimanding?? Those are not just a bunch of school kids that are acting up.
If he is not merely putting up an act, then he's simply incompetent. I believe his hands are tied. But hadn't he come into office with some sort of a game plan to take command?
First you have a puppet Bush. Now you have a softie, whose desire to be a folklore hero is even more unpalatable than his predecessor's thirst for oil.
Americans don't need a hero as a President. They need a Hitler, or a Saddam, to weed out the ills in their society.
They need someone like Jack Bauer in 24, a Jack Bristow in Alias, and a Bryan Mills in Taken.
A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do!!
When my Dad used to see something seriously wrong, he would always go,"If I were the government...I would......".
Right now, I really feel like saying:
If I were Obama, I would stop apologizing - stop talking altogether in fact - stop wanting to be a GOOD MAN ("Good" is the antonym of "Politics". So I take back my word that I thought America needed a "good" man as a president. As my brilliant brother, the Pilot had said, the only good man who chose to be a politician - and he did so only coz no one else would fight - is Gandhi), and JUST BE A JACK BAUER.
Actually Bryan Mills is even better. Cool headed guy who's always in control - hardly surprising given that he spends most of his time thinking and TAKING ACTIONS rather than talking. I love the way he goes for the neck, the key organs, and the repeated punches on the face til the crooks totally stop moving. He doesn't spare anyone who got in the way of his saving his daughter, a defenceless teenager who had gone on a tour with her crazy cousin coz she didn't know better, and was kidnapped (sounds familiar huh? Can you blame a young girl when even adults of today clearly show that they are not any wiser?). That's what you do to selfish, wicked people who harm the innocents. And I don't care about the reasons they are selfish. They could be doing everything for their family. But hey, all of us have got a family, but we don't go around destroying others' so we can live in huge mansions and holiday at the bahamas every summer!!
The people of America need a Bryan Mills.
What baffles me is, why is he even reprimanding?? Those are not just a bunch of school kids that are acting up.
If he is not merely putting up an act, then he's simply incompetent. I believe his hands are tied. But hadn't he come into office with some sort of a game plan to take command?
First you have a puppet Bush. Now you have a softie, whose desire to be a folklore hero is even more unpalatable than his predecessor's thirst for oil.
Americans don't need a hero as a President. They need a Hitler, or a Saddam, to weed out the ills in their society.
They need someone like Jack Bauer in 24, a Jack Bristow in Alias, and a Bryan Mills in Taken.
A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do!!
When my Dad used to see something seriously wrong, he would always go,"If I were the government...I would......".
Right now, I really feel like saying:
If I were Obama, I would stop apologizing - stop talking altogether in fact - stop wanting to be a GOOD MAN ("Good" is the antonym of "Politics". So I take back my word that I thought America needed a "good" man as a president. As my brilliant brother, the Pilot had said, the only good man who chose to be a politician - and he did so only coz no one else would fight - is Gandhi), and JUST BE A JACK BAUER.
Actually Bryan Mills is even better. Cool headed guy who's always in control - hardly surprising given that he spends most of his time thinking and TAKING ACTIONS rather than talking. I love the way he goes for the neck, the key organs, and the repeated punches on the face til the crooks totally stop moving. He doesn't spare anyone who got in the way of his saving his daughter, a defenceless teenager who had gone on a tour with her crazy cousin coz she didn't know better, and was kidnapped (sounds familiar huh? Can you blame a young girl when even adults of today clearly show that they are not any wiser?). That's what you do to selfish, wicked people who harm the innocents. And I don't care about the reasons they are selfish. They could be doing everything for their family. But hey, all of us have got a family, but we don't go around destroying others' so we can live in huge mansions and holiday at the bahamas every summer!!
The people of America need a Bryan Mills.
6 comments:
Obama is my hero :P
He's the only one I ever voted for, and he is the only leader I've ever seen that devotes all his time, energy, and focus for the low income american people. Unfortunately, a leader must choose his options for the best outcome, and AIG made it so that the only other option was chapter 11 to wipe out the legal contracts. Personally, I hope Obama will force AIG to chapter 11, and have them pay good faith debts with the bailout money. Fire all those top executives, and just let jobless college graduates fill the roles. I bet they'll do a better job.
Nevermind, my feeble mind is not as good as a politician:
Rep. Carolyn Maloney D-N.Y, the chair of the Joint Economic Committee, is also calling for a 100 percent tax on bonuses not related to commissions.
:-) Ed, I can see that that was his intention. But intention is nothing without results. You can have the best intention in the world, but if you haven't the stomach to do what is necessary for those not in the position to defend themselves, then intentions are not any better than mere propaganda.
In the first place, isn't bonus tied to PERFORMANCE? Where's the performance? These people literally bankrupted their company! They would have been out of job now had the bailout not happened. They are taking YOUR money, and your family's, your friends', and your friends' families, for doing nothing. Heck, maybe doing nothing would have been better! They were doing things that benefit them in the short run, at the expense of others, and then they went on to rob you! Whatever happened to justice??? Ok, I shouldn't expect any on earth.
I've been impressed so far with Obama, but I expect him to be a politician first and foremost. As they say, an honest person would never make a good one.
While I'm not a fan of the Republican party, I do like what Sen. Charles Grassley had to say about AIG executives.
"I suggest, you know, obviously, maybe they ought to be removed," Grassley said. "But I would suggest the first thing that would make me feel a little bit better toward them if they'd follow the Japanese example and come before the American people and take that deep bow and say, I'm sorry, and then either do one of two things: resign or go commit suicide.
"And in the case of the Japanese, they usually commit suicide before they make any apology."
p.s. sorry about my lame humour, I seem to have a knack for it.
I thoroughly enjoyed your sick joke, Catalyst :-)
And Sen. Charles Grassley sounds like a really likable guy. :-)
Post a Comment