Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Soybean Trades

The ZS (Soybean) is a very nice instrument to trade. I've sim traded it for a while (as I did with CL before trading live), paying close attention to its movement compared with CL. Still watching and learning.

IB's Booktrader showing my ZS sim trade (Highlighted in blue is the HOD and that's my targeted exit for an opened position. 1 tick or 0.0025 cent = USD 12.50):

Chart below shows my 2 ZS entries. With the first, I haven't done anything too different except that I held it overnight (I really doubt that I'll do the same for live trades. As a matter of fact, I don't think I will ever hold a futures trade overnight. I won't be able to sleep. That's the difference between sim and real money trading.). Just prior to the start of the trading session yesterday, I was already in the 300 - 400 profit zone. Holding contract to target added another 700. Nice daily range.

ZS 200-Tick
Not trading live at all for the rest of Dec. Will take the time to study grains and energy futures, possibly gold too.

Update
2nd ZS trade closed:

No comments: