D was reviewing my trading performance for the year via IB's statement (new format's impressive) and Oanda's, and reported that my ETF and FX trading record is perfect but my futures trading really sucks.
D asked if leverage has something to do with it.
I nodded.
Then D broke the good news: as long as I'm trading single TF contracts, I'm leveraged 1:1. No leverage! I could never get a margin call! Yay!!!
Doesn't mean that I'll sit on losing trades though. Knowing that I won't ever get a margin call allows me to really focus on the proper execution of my trades.
6J and CL are still highly leveraged. 6E and 6B are not so bad. But all remain instruments that I'll continue to trade.
Will be trading light for the rest of the week. Am in the midst of finishing a book on money management. When I'm done, will include real money management for the first time in my trading.
D asked if leverage has something to do with it.
I nodded.
Then D broke the good news: as long as I'm trading single TF contracts, I'm leveraged 1:1. No leverage! I could never get a margin call! Yay!!!
Doesn't mean that I'll sit on losing trades though. Knowing that I won't ever get a margin call allows me to really focus on the proper execution of my trades.
6J and CL are still highly leveraged. 6E and 6B are not so bad. But all remain instruments that I'll continue to trade.
Will be trading light for the rest of the week. Am in the midst of finishing a book on money management. When I'm done, will include real money management for the first time in my trading.
No comments:
Post a Comment