Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Trades 12/1 (Tues) & 12/2 (Wed) & SPA Saga

12/1 (Tues) US Session
TF 1min
Typical pre-FED day - tight range, undecided market, basically just an ugly chart until after 2pm. There was just 1 trade that I spotted. Gave D signal to enter (blue arrow), then had him cancel buy stop order. I just didn't think I had to resort to taking a crappy trade like that (wide stop; profit capped by 3rd touch on downsloping channel ceiling). I didn't want to short the market either, and decided to call it a day. D was only too happy. He had been wanting to SELL the whole time. So he faded every new peak in NQ:



12/2 (Wed) FX

Closed my EURUSD position (LONG) from last Friday. Result: -14 pips. I'm not sure what the pair wants to do anymore. I overstayed in the first place anyway (This chart shows my entry on Fri - Oanda's not showing that trade anymore...it probably keeps historical records for no more than 2 days?).

EURUSD 15min

Opened a AUDUSD position (LONG) that I didn't feel comfortable holding, and decided to let a breakeven stop take me out.

AUDUSD 15min

Opened a CADJPY position (LONG) to hedge my EURUSD trade and decided to let a breakeven stop take me out when the 2 started to converge.

CADJPY 15min

I think I just wanted to breakeven for the day.

And now I'm totally flat, and HAPPY. PnL for the week is USD 1300, so I'm going to stay out of a FED DAY.

BAD PEOPLE
I was having breakfast with D at our favorite haunt before he went to work this morning, when he received a call from the manager of a spa with which I am a member ( a 2007 Christmas gift from D - a 12k lifetime membership which he paid 8k for with cash - yes, the 4k bonus was for his generosity). His boss had run away. D broke the news to me, expecting some sort of reaction. But I continued to drink my ice coffee, and gave him a devilish grin seconds later. It's nasty, but definitely better than the "I-TOLD-YOU-SO" expression which always irritates the 2 of us.

Truth was, I was taken aback when I received the gift. But being the ever angelic partner that I was (ok, that's totally fabricated), I forced a grateful smile and said "thank-you". The following day, I asked Seabloke if she could sell the membership on ebay for me, since she's an ebay member. No luck. What was I even thinking - the market just crashed!

So Seabloke and I decided we'd go for a nice massage SOME DAY. The day never came of course. First, I can't be massaged. Second, I can't leave my workstation for even a day. Third, I can't spend a day at a spa - I'll go completely crazy.

It's been exactly 24 months since I received the membership card and I've never once stepped into the spa. And I've completely forgotten about selling the card when our economy turned around.

So there goes D's 8k. I'm just glad he hadn't used credit (I read on the Singapore's Straits Times that there were those who paid for the membership with their credit cards, and it looks like they will still have to continue to pay their installments....).

I told D to go to our small court tribunal. I would rather give the 8K to charity than to people who ran away without paying their employees!

A brief description of the case I found on the net:
http://sg.news.yahoo.com/cna/20091109/tap-097-has-wellness-village-spa-left-cu-231650b.html

No comments: