Friday, December 4, 2009

Apology

AUDUSD position's still opened. Price's not moving a great deal.

TF's really ugly - it's trading like the ES. I am definitely tempted to trade oil and bean for the rest of the year.

Got a call from an ex-colleague that I couldn't take coz I was in trade. Received many calls from ex-colleagues, friends here, and friends abroad in the past few months, and I hadn't been able to take their calls. I have so many calls to return I decided that I'll be fair and not call any of them. Had some time to log on to facebook and was appalled to see the number of messages from friends (I log on to facebook probably once in 3 months). Decided after that that I'd check my emails some other day. I have yet to return my sworn brother's call (he was expecting to catch up in HK). I just didn't know how to tell him that I wasn't visiting after all. He only knew that I cancelled my trip when I called to break the news to our friend who was getting married whose wedding I was supposed to attend.

Had some time (when I was out taking my nic break) to reflect on the way I'm treating people that I've known for years. It's not that I don't value them. I do. All of them. Which is what makes it so difficult. Most times I know that I'm a lucky woman - my friends don't seem to give up on me. And that makes me feel horribly guilty all the time. If I were to meet just one of them per day, it will take me 2 months to see all of them. I wonder, how do others manage? I can hardly find time to have dinner with my siblings! I asked D, and D said that unlike me, most people look forward to seeing other people. For me, I make it a point to see those who NEED me. To see anyone else is like a chore (any activity that requires my stepping out of my home is a chore - so yes, getting lunch everyday is a chore so I skip it most of the time). I like my friends, I love many of them dearly, but it's a feeling that I'm not desperate to express.

I am aware that I'm not sociable. I know too that fundamentally, there's nothing wrong with that. I just feel terribly sorry. I haven't any inkling if my friends are actually upset. I would be if I were to look up someone and he/she's never available. But then again, I'm not like everyone else. If I were, I wouldn't be trading.

I just want to say I'm sorry, Celeste, that I'm a terrible mother.

No comments: