Monday, December 14, 2009

6J, 6B, 6E, TF Trades 12/14 (Mon) - BAD Tobacco


Total : - USD 156

6B 5min
Missed the above 6B trade, and totally lost my cool after that.

I blame nicotine.

It was shortly after I came out of my 6J trade when I spotted the 6B trade.

Put in a buy order and waited.

Then I got listless coz I haven't had my morning nic fix
.

Pulled the order and went out for a quick smoke break.

Came back in to see price soaring towards my entry price.

Went in at market right at where I had initially placed my stop order, not realizing that I had unarmed the DOM before I stepped away from my workstation (Keish loves to do her catwalk on my keyboard), and so the order didn't go through.

Decided not to chase. I refused to go in at a lousy price.

My 4-point target was hit - took just three 5-min candles.

When D got home, I told him I am quitting smoking for good, coz cigarettes are really bad for trading.

I've stayed away from cigarettes for a good 6 years before picking it up again in early May 2008 - exactly when I started blogging and trading (one of the darkest periods in my life, NOT coz of trading of course) - so I'm sure I can do this without the help of drugs that make me puke.

I'm going to miss nic breaks with D. We don't talk to each other a lot inside our cave coz we are always too engrossed by work, and smoke breaks are the only time that we have our casual chats. They are always fun. We would hold hands and enjoy the cool evening breeze. Sometimes we stare at the moon and marvel at clouds, stars and lightning bolts. Most times we check out strange looking insects and gigantic moths, and joke about "smoked grasshoppers" for Alberto.

Targeting for next week to quit. I still want to trade this week (I'm prepared to get really edgy during the cold turkey period so I'll halt all trading for 2 weeks - probably the best time to take a break anyway).

Just one of those losing days that makes no sense.

No comments: