Wednesday, October 7, 2009

6E & TF Trades 10/6 (Tues)

6E 10min
TF 1min

D couldn't understand why I wouldn't take my 1.6 point profit on my first 6E trade (which got stopped out eventually). After all, my risk was just 8 ticks. I said I was aiming for 4759 (purple lines were drawn before europe session opened). I know, that's really stretching it given my stop loss. Anyway, 6E got there, 6 hours later.

That's about the only thing worth mentioning today.

Oh, I kind of dozed off watching 6E's 10 min chart. Actually, I zoned out for a good 30 min. Am sure it will get better...

D fixed my snipping tool (realized it didn't work this morning when I wanted to do my captures for yesterday's trades, and D my IT guru was at work.) But right after he went in for his shower, it failed on me again. So no capture of the fib ext 132.8 target at 4742 that I was supposed to have gotten out at (which I didn't of course, coz I was aiming for a prior support at 4759).

Snipping tool fixed, here's the chart:



4 comments:

daytrader233 said...

Too many times I get caught between scalping and holding for a target. It usually ends up hurting me. I'm never happy if I pass on the scalp profit, try to hold for a target, and then watch the scalp profit disappear.

Sandy said...

This is addendum to comment on previous post.

I asked myself after a losing day, why I was biased short. There was no reason - the highs were higher and the lows were higher.

The market was in a an uptrend. Having a bias does not help. I stuck to a bias was the market taught a lesson in the only way it can. Rude reality.....no ice creams here...!

That was the problem - our belief systems keep our from freeing our minds.

And it not just trading - it is everything in life. We want to have these beliefs that are un-anchored in reality like rules, social mores, governments, religion etc etc, But that's another subject.

Free your mind.

Today was/is a profitable day. Back in business.

Be nimble,
S

Jules said...

DT,
I was attempting to do what's right. Let profit run right? But what's right doesn't feel quite right for me, so I went back to taking scalp profits :-)
There're so many ways to trade, I think the key is in deciding what works for you, based on what kind of a person you are. I am impatient and I am NOT trusting at all. So holding is really difficult for me.

Jules said...

Sandy,
I was just looking at yesterday's 6E chart (10min) and saw lower highs and lower lows yet the most profitable trade was a LONG. So had I attempted to go long, would I have been called a fool/mule (I know what Dr Brett would call that LOL), or a really brave trader who knows exactly what she's doing?

I guess at the end of the day, nothing else really matters. It's all about the bottom line :-)

I'm sure you have reason for holding your views. Had you made a lot of money, everyone would be talking about what a great trader you are.

That's trading. Cold and pragmatic.

Definitely need a group hug. :-)