Monday, October 19, 2009

Trades 10/19 (Mon) - Wrap Up

UNG 133-Ticks

This is fun! I've only bought and sold unleveraged products for my aunt but have never traded anything else other than forex and futures myself.

Setting hard stop at the low of day was not a problem. I even went out for a smoke half way during the trade.

Letting profits run was a breeze!

Truly refreshing.

So 3 trades today:
Long E7
Long 6B
Long UNG (don't ask me what company this is coz I have no idea - all I know is that its average volume is 10mil shares/day).

7 comments:

longandwrong said...

Is it Nat Gas? If so, that's more evidence that you are moving ever closer to just trading oil & beans :-)

daytrader233 said...

Just try to avoid beans and gas!
:-)

Albert said...

Wow, that's really a pretty chart to trade from.

Letting profits run is definitely something very easy to do, especially when your trade goes into the money right after you've entered it :)

P.T said...

Good work Jules! Its nice banking some coin strait up with you new style/platform.

Its taken some months of testing - but I think i've just got my scalping system back on track. Forex of course!

Talk to ya soon :) PT

Jules said...

LOL!! UF & DT, oil and beans excite you, don't they? :-)

DT, try DURIAN

http://asiancuisine.suite101.com/article.cfm/durian__the_king_of_fruit

and you'll realize that beans are not so bad :-)

Jules said...

:-) Albert!

It's actually not as much about going right into money as it is about not being too bothered about the money you might lose (ie stop loss).

I realize that after my aunt repeatedly gave me hundreds of thousands of portfolio to manage each time while she flew away to vegas, and she's never taken a loss. All because she doesn't care about the money she's invested (but she's prudent, and she made sure that both D and I have done our homework LOL!!)!

The moment she parted with her money to purchase those stocks, she's prepared to lose them all (all because I lost every penny of her USD 200k during the dot.com bust when the company I invested for her - on a colleague's tip - FOLDED, so she learned :-)).

To her, the amount she invested in a single stock is her stop loss :-)

Jules said...

P.T!! :-)
It's nice to let profits run for once. The profit in absolute dollar amount for those gas (dirt cheap at 11 bucks)is so insignificant I didn't even include it in my recording of my net PnL for the day. Being able to let the chart do its thing is what is so exhilarating about the experience :-)