Not posting my trades today. Was testing my platform and did 99 round turns in under an hour. Had they been real trades, Anthony (my darling broker) would be a happy man today.
I'm having problems with my trading platform. No, it isn't the quake. It's just that once I start scalping, I become picky and what didn't use to bother me bothers me big time now.
The issue I'm facing is that the AT DOM is lagging. I rely both on my chart and my tape for entry and exit. They are both equally important to me. I can't trade without either one. Once the DOM is out of sync with my chart, I'm seriously handicapped. Yesterday wasn't too much of a problem coz price was just plunging and you can click anywhere and - if you're not greedy - you'll get out with something. Today's the real test.
I have written to Anthony and know that I'll hear from him like... about... NOW. He's the solution man. There hasn't been a time that I had asked a question and he wasn't able to answer.
But I did pose a difficult question. So we'll see.
Won't go live until I'm able to get extremely reliable data feed.
Update:
I'm not sure if it's just a problem with the demo account. D's DOM wasn't as bad although it still lags a little. But then again we trade differently. Yes, he got his 1.2 points again.
I'm having problems with my trading platform. No, it isn't the quake. It's just that once I start scalping, I become picky and what didn't use to bother me bothers me big time now.
The issue I'm facing is that the AT DOM is lagging. I rely both on my chart and my tape for entry and exit. They are both equally important to me. I can't trade without either one. Once the DOM is out of sync with my chart, I'm seriously handicapped. Yesterday wasn't too much of a problem coz price was just plunging and you can click anywhere and - if you're not greedy - you'll get out with something. Today's the real test.
I have written to Anthony and know that I'll hear from him like... about... NOW. He's the solution man. There hasn't been a time that I had asked a question and he wasn't able to answer.
But I did pose a difficult question. So we'll see.
Won't go live until I'm able to get extremely reliable data feed.
Update:
I'm not sure if it's just a problem with the demo account. D's DOM wasn't as bad although it still lags a little. But then again we trade differently. Yes, he got his 1.2 points again.
8 comments:
Jules my DOM and chart don't sync either, never have.
I can't figure out why as both are getting the data from IB.
Price in the DOM always moves before the chart price does.
Tis annoying but I've just got used to it.
Maybe not enough computing power??
That's not possible, Solfest. D handbuilt my super computer. Wait, let me interrogate him. Maybe he's been lying to me.
You DOM moves faster than your chart? That's strange. I've always had a slower DOM. Which got me thinking about arbitrage... Ok, that's really dumb.
Looks like I might really have to pay 1k plus to get something that can accommodate me, or I'd have to tweak my strategy a little to accommodate what I feel is otherwise a very decent platform (I mean, it's free. Can't complain).
Hey Jules, I found your blog while Googling trading the 6J. Anyways, I love your journal. I'm also a full time trader based out of Hong Kong. Anyways, what data feed are you using? I'm using eSignal coupled with MultiCharts. This set up seems reliable enough for me.
Keep posting!
Jules,
Many blogs mentioned that SIM data delayed than the real one.
I use Ninja chart but AT plat - the price indeed quite diff but not so critical.
Solution:
1) Try Ninja Trader software with Infinity - chart and order at same price. But I'm not familiar with NT to explain further.
2) Anthony informed me AT has latest version.
http://www.transactfutures.com/webtrader/prerelease/InfinityATSetup.exe
Video on the scaling brackets: http://www.infinityfutures.com/scalingBrackets.aspx
Hi Albert!
You're from D's hometown! :-)
I'm using TransAct and Sierra. I'm not paying a lot for Sierra, and paying nothing for my platform, and I really haven't much to complain. I have superb service from my broker - he fixes all my problems :-)
My feeds are actually very good today, even when the nonfarm figures were out, so, I guess it's probably just the Sim platform.
Do you have to pay for eSignal?
So you're trading 6J now?
Thank you, TST!!! I'll check out the video.
I've used Ninja before and it kept crashing my pc. I had it linked to IB then.
AT is ok actually. Anthony has either done something backend, or it's really just SIM that's giving me problem. My live platform is perfect today!
I didn't know about the updated version of AT. But then again, whenever I'm prompted to update anything, I'd always skip coz installation gets in the way of my work. So I probably overlooked it.
You're still trading TF right?
Hi Jules,
I assume D's you boyfriend? Anyways, you definitely have to pay a pretty penny for eSignal. I'm playing around US$120 per month for my feeds (NYSE, NASD, CME, HK stocks and futures). Well, use whatever works for you.
I'm looking into trading the 6J but will have to see how my scalping system works with it. Currently I trade the ES, 6E, Hang Seng Index Futures and swing trade HK stocks.
D's my boyfriend?
In his wildest dream, Albert :-)
Basically, he's finished. That's what he is. LOL!
Post a Comment