Tuesday, October 13, 2009

6B Trade 10/13 (Tues)

Long 1 6B contract

6B 377-Ticks
Just one trade for now. Missed my 6E long coz D wanted to go out for a smoke! Came back and saw that 6E had hit my targeted exit. Didn't want to chase and took a look at 6B instead. Saw exactly what I have been waiting for (piercing of support and then turning strongly back up, failing an "M" pattern). I was a little late still, but it's better than chasing what's already at the peak (6E).

After I covered my 6B trade, D apologized profusely over my missed 6E trade. I had wanted to exit at Fib Ext 161.8 (see chart below) and the trade would have yielded a very nice 1.9 point. D's sorry coz I would have had 2 winning trades, according to him. I was amused. Truth is, had I gotten 19 ticks from 6E, I would've had taken a break rather than take another trade immediately after.

6E 200-Tick
D traded the TF instead. Brave (globex hours, there isn't much to see on the chart). Unlike me when I traded the TF during globex hours, he couldn't sit on a retracement and got out at + 2 ticks. D asked how I managed to get my 1, 2, 3 and 4 points on TF during such odd hours. I said coz I sat on 1, 2, 3 and 4 point paper loss first (TF seldom break out pre-market, trading in a range for hours). On a few of those occasions, I had glanced at the PnL column from time to time, and would close my trade once I saw a decent profit. I'm still wondering if being that relaxed is good.

6 comments:

cory said...

bravo! looks like you found a way to accommodate your trading style.

daytrader233 said...

Don't you just hate missing that trade?!?!

For me, it always seems to happens this way...I fire up the charts only to see a perfect setup...that happened 10 minutes ago and it's running big-time!!!

Oh well, wait around long enough and the next setup appears.

:-)

Jules said...

:-) Cory, we always find a way, don't we?

Jules said...

LOL! EXACTLY, DT! So moving forward, I'm going to have to do everything in front of my screen. Now, I wonder how I'm going to get my nicotine fix ...

Market Monkey said...

Ok Jules, this is getting scary...we seem to be taking/seeing almost the exact same trades on GBP/USD!! (although I'm trading spot forex not the futures...)

Hope you're keeping well. :)

MM

Jules said...

That's great, MM! I'm trading like a pro! Yay! :-) So now you can keep track of all the statistics for me LOL!