Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Trades (6B & DIG) 10/21 - Wed

DIG 10min (ProShares Ultra Oil & Gas)
ETFs trading is good for my heart. Maximum downside is USD 3000 in this case (100 shares of something that costs 30 over bucks per share). Besides, it's virtually impossible for the fund to go bust.

In any case, I had my hard stop of USD 23 in place. That's a tiny fraction of what is needed to trade 1 futures contract. D says I looked almost too relaxed the whole time (He was worried about oil inventory report and told me to get out, and I said "No". I was watching CL turned from green to red then to green and I sat, til DIG started shooting up and CL started to come down from its high).

I definitely like the slower pace ETF trading in the evening (US morning).

PnL (Net): + USD 281.31

7 comments:

mvw said...

Wow, you've been killing it! Why continue trying to force trades on strictly one instrument when there are is much more to the "market".

I see you have a lot of people looking into currency futures now, I might take a look :p

Great job!

Jules said...

YAY!!! Then you can do the analysis, MVW, and I can take more naps LOL!

Seriously, the FX futures are really tradable ROUND THE CLOCK. I'm only taking the long side and hence have a slight disadvantage. If you haven't such constraint, you'll find plenty of opportunities in a day :-)

The commission is only a little higher, but it's really immaterial if you're able to find a few trades a day that give you a decent profit :-)

cory said...

you are on fire, at this pace you will be a hedge fund manager before long.

De'Trader said...

When you are a trader, every instrument are profitable. Good Work Jules :)

How much ur commision per round for TF? Mine's $4.80 on IB. I want to lower it like M's only $4.30

sage08 said...

Congrats Jules. You seem to own the market now! Btw, you are back to using IB. The wonder of IB, besides being the best broker in terms of reliability and low cost (according to traders' mag) is you can watch various markets move as you trade. That's why i never gave AT a chance.

Jules said...

Thank you, Cory, De'Trader & Sage :-)

Sage,
I can't tell you how much I appreciate IB now. It can't get any fairer with filling. I keep getting in and out at prices that I want, and on several occasions, at prices that are BETTER than what I ask for.

There are the daily blackouts at specific time of course, but coz it's such a routine, all I need to do is stay away. And sometimes I see spikes on charts that IB can't catch up with but it's not an issue at all coz I know all too well that those are the prices that I would never get filled anyway on AT platform (or get filled and start sitting on an immediately loss!).

All in all, I feel like I'm really in business now :-)

sage08 said...

There is a problem with my datafeed too but only for NYMEX contracts. Strange? Since i don't trade QM (Oil) and GC (Gold), it does not bother me. I contacted IB helpdesk and they said it's the service provider and gave me a network id (supposedly IB's)to followup with singtel. Maybe i'll call Singtel when i have the time.