Following the discussion on my frustration with trade execution, this is what I want to say to wrap up the issue:
The problem I'm having is with SPREAD. Not connection, not speed, not the specs of my PC, not with feeds, not with charts. It's plainly the ridiculous SPREAD of 3 to 4, and on some occasions, 5 ticks (even during active US trading session on non-volatile days!)!
And of course, the covering of an additional contract that I wasn't aware of (no confirmation that order went through, and with DOM confirming there was just 1 contract trading) which DOUBLED my loss.
I have none of the above problem when trading on IB's platform.
I am looking for a video software to capture a live trade on the AT platform. Once installation is done, I will trade the NQ (since it has the smallest tick value among the instruments I trade) live.
The problem I'm having is with SPREAD. Not connection, not speed, not the specs of my PC, not with feeds, not with charts. It's plainly the ridiculous SPREAD of 3 to 4, and on some occasions, 5 ticks (even during active US trading session on non-volatile days!)!
And of course, the covering of an additional contract that I wasn't aware of (no confirmation that order went through, and with DOM confirming there was just 1 contract trading) which DOUBLED my loss.
I have none of the above problem when trading on IB's platform.
I am looking for a video software to capture a live trade on the AT platform. Once installation is done, I will trade the NQ (since it has the smallest tick value among the instruments I trade) live.
3 comments:
for video capture there is nothing better than camtasia or xing project but your in-house techie should know about those already. :0
Cory :-) Yes, thinking of using Camtasia. But also wondering if this is worth my time at all. You know me - I know when to save my breath. :-)
Jules
Your are right what ever works for you and you feel confident with is all that is important. I wish you all the best in your trading
mark
Post a Comment