Friday, September 5, 2008

Take Me

I wish I were dead.

Every morning, I wake up cursing "Damn!! I'm still alive!"

I fit the profile of someone who will die in her sleep.

And that's the way I want to go - without having to say good-byes, without having to go through the whole ritual of regretting what I have not accomplished in my life, of counting the wrongs I have done, of fearing the unknown of the after-life. And no sorries to say to anyone.

I am not afraid to die. Only people who have things they can't leave behind fear death. I have nothing that I can't leave behind. I do not worry for Alberto and Keisha coz they will be well taken care of.

What I am afraid of is the process of dying. Just holding my breath for one minute gives me an idea of how unbearably painful it feels when our cells stop getting the oxygen that they need. And how terrifying and hopeless and helpless it must be in the moments when life is fading away, to know that you're going to be no more.

So I lived everyday waiting for my life to be ended without my knowledge. Meantime, I tried to be useful.

But I no longer want to.

I no longer want to wait.

And all that I need to do is to allow my heart and blood pressure to do what they have been doing prior to all these wasteful intervention.

I don't see a point in fighting anymore.

Not when the one I'm fighting is You.

You created me depressed and physically weak. If until now I haven't been able to use these to benefit anyone, I don't want to stay.

I see very clearly now, why I was born.

It is to show that You are God, and You can do whatever You want, and You don't owe us an explanation for why we turn out to be the way we are, and what purpose we serve on earth. You made us, and our duty is to live for as long as You plan for us to. Now and then we are thrown some curve balls, and sometimes we don't even know who has thrown them. Then You watch how we react.

I have always said my thanksgiving for everything that I've been given - both good and bad. I've thanked You for the way I am - defiant, dark, domineering, deceiving, unrelenting, unloving - coz I can't help but don't want to be anyone else despite my disturbing flaws.

As a child, I always thought I would grow up to be an outstanding figure. I am not the kind of person who accepts mediocrity. I wanted to be the best in everything I do, and in the fastest time ever achieved by anyone. I gather You wrote that on my DNA.

I also wanted to be a perfect wife.

I stopped to look at my life today, and realized that I have achieved nothing, and owned nothing.

My whole life has been a failure and a joke.

I am a complete and perfect failure.

So, take me, Father, in my sleep. I don't want to die sick, old and wretched. I don't want to die only when I start having a life - if I ever am going to have one - when I have too much to leave behind.

I am writing this on my blog and if this is not strong enough a plea, I don't know what else to do.

Why do you do this to me? To make me part monster and part human? What's the purpose of my existence? Besides to inflict pain and to feel pain.

To feel human?

Is that what my life has been about?

6 comments:

FX said...

When you talk about him and you it appears that you have totally dualistic point of view on life. If that is true than you are very far from your potential in this life, so there is much to do more. First get past dualism, good-bad, white-black than you can find new horizon.

I don't know are you on that level in this life. If you are not than ok, think what you got to think.

Jules said...

Thanks, FX.

I'm doing my best.

Warm regards.

Ben said...

I don't know what to say. I know enough about life to know that the usual platitudes won't help and I am only a passing stranger anyway.

I suppose I just hope that your suffering decreases.

Ben

seabloke said...

Biggie ok? Ring me if need... even if no need ;o)

Jules said...

Dear Ben,

Thanks for your note :-)

I won't exactly call what I'm going through "suffering". I guess I'm just one of those who's fortunate to be living a life that has no real worries, and hence has more time to fret over something as abstract as what the meaning of life is :-)

To a certain extent, I'm haunted by terrible things that have happened in my family, and I find myself constantly totally alone because I'm afraid to trust and form bonds with people. In a twisted way, I like my solitude yet find it disturbing that I'd have no one to take an evening walk with in the last days of my life.

As I said, I'm a very confused person :-)

Writing about what I feel clears my thoughts and allows me to look at them from various angles. I usually snap out of a really bad state after that. I can't stay in a negative state for long - on the day that I posted this entry, I shut down my pc (which hardly gets shut down unless it hangs) immediately after, decided I would just lie in bed and rot, but got listless after 3 hours, and turned my pc back on again, opened up all my charts, and found myself a very nice trade. :-)

I have always been blessed with such traits as impatience, forgetfulness and a total lack of appreciation for anything non-functional (arts, melancholy and such).

I believe I will always find a way out of a situation. And if I don't, I'll wait for God to take over...And He always does, one way or another. I mean, I'm still alive and well, am I not? :-)

Warmest Regards,
Jules

Jules said...

Dear Sea,

You wrote too late (where have you been???). The time I need to recover from a really depressed mode is now a mere fraction of what I needed before. No more months, weeks or even days.

Nothing's going to make me feel sad anymore. Except on that occasion (let me see, it was just 3 days ago on Sat!) when I drove to my old place at 2am to see my "stray" friends, and nearly ran over Fury! Still can't get the picture out of my mind...Fury's a lot slower now and I suspect his hearing is getting terrible...why else would he dash out only when a car's approaching?? I can't bring him over coz it will be worse for him...it's just so heartbreaking.