Saturday, September 13, 2008

ES (Simulated) Trades 9/12



-0.75 + 1.25 +1.5 +2.5 -1 + 0.75

Total: 4.25 Points


Still not quite getting the rhythm of ES on the 1 min chart. Didn't get a chance to study its pattern before market opened. The number of points in overbought and oversold moves (except for consolidation) seems to be about 8. ES moves really slow. And I tend to enter too early.

Well, the fun part about not trading with money is that you can actually let "profits" run!

I still don't exactly know what I'm doing. Still don't know what lines to draw. But ES stays within channels and that allows me to short even when it's on an uptrend. Buying still doesn't come naturally - I had to force myself to go with the trend.

2 comments:

seekingtheta said...

Hello Jules,

I have gone through most of your blog and I must say that I like what you are doing here.
I have been day-trading the /YM for a couple of weeks and are just starting to scratch the surface.

I have been working on my trade setup and plan for approaching the market.

Most of the time I have been watch from the sideline, but I have started to developing a system based on the fib. levels combined with volume for day trading. I also use obvious sup/res levels, but don't usually plot them.

I have made a lot of mistakes, and are surely bound to make some more :)

I would really love have a trading partner to discuss trades, plans and mistakes with during the day. My email address is tor.lambrechts@gmail.com. Please let me know if you are interested.

Have a nice day

Jules said...

Thank you,FP, for taking the time to read my postings, and for liking them :-).

I put in my trades and my thoughts about the markets initially for D, so that he doesn't have to spend the time he doesn't have to learn about trading from scratch. It gradually became a diary of sort for myself. I review my trades and what was going through my mind when I was planning my trades and what the market was doing.

As you would have noticed, I haven't a specific system or setup that I stick to when I trade. D calls me a "fluid" trader. Perhaps it's just that I haven't found a system.

I have never really had a trading partner, and am not sure what having one entails.

But I am a member of this trading forum: http://futurescafe.com/forum/index.php?sid=5b5573baa3e59b2edb7ebab01aaf1026

Haven't contributed to the forum but will start soon.

Maybe we can do our sharing there?

The owner of the forum has a blog: http://futurescafe.com/blog/

Do check it out.