WAY BEHIND MY DAILY TARGET!! By $1276.80!
I'm so exhausted after spending 10 hours with SUPER COOL ES I haven't the energy to curse.
It's either that I'm totally out of syn with it, or with the market in general.
Given a choice, I'd like to blame ES for its ultra stability, which clashes head-on with my total lack of equanimity.
But the better part of me knows that I have a prejudice against ES, and had traded it without a plan, coz I was just simply not interested.
I really have to let ER2 go and give ES a chance.
Well, at least I sat through the entire trading session with it today. A good start. Postmortem tomorrow, and will see if a total paradigm shift is in order.
How an equally impatient D can love ES' slow but fitful moves is simply beyond me.
In any case, when I can no longer put up with ES, I'm just going to have to go look for my beloved ER2. And I don't care that it's ICED!!
It's either that I'm totally out of syn with it, or with the market in general.
Given a choice, I'd like to blame ES for its ultra stability, which clashes head-on with my total lack of equanimity.
But the better part of me knows that I have a prejudice against ES, and had traded it without a plan, coz I was just simply not interested.
I really have to let ER2 go and give ES a chance.
Well, at least I sat through the entire trading session with it today. A good start. Postmortem tomorrow, and will see if a total paradigm shift is in order.
How an equally impatient D can love ES' slow but fitful moves is simply beyond me.
In any case, when I can no longer put up with ES, I'm just going to have to go look for my beloved ER2. And I don't care that it's ICED!!
4 comments:
Too bad Jules,
I thought the ES was a perfect trade today.. following my support and resistance levels so perfectly. Unfortunately I'm still mostly watching till I get all the bit's and pieces in my trading plan together.
Why can't you just switch back to Russel if that's more suitable for your trading style?
Have a great day
Jules,
The ES is a very different market than the ER2. I too love the ER2 and wish it hadn't been ICE'd.
My personal experience is that the methodologies that I use (divergence, other technical indicators) translate well to the S&P Midcap and YM much better than the ES.
Most of the traders I know who successfully trade the ES use a much different style (aka pattern recognition) than myself.
Hope that's helpful to you somehow.
LT
Thank you, FP and LT!
Yes, ES is really very different. I thought if only I'll put in some effort I'll be able to trade ES the way I traded ER2.
I'm not sure if a good trader is one who is able to adapt himself/herself to any instrument and trade it regardless of his/her feelings towards it. I tend to think that if you can find something that suits your personality and innate abilities, that is an edge by itself. And a profitable trader is none other than someone who has accumulated more and more edges over time.
FP, D loves the ES and detests ER2. Like you, he thinks ES is perfect. The supports and resistances work for him too :-)
LT, yes I notice that ES has certain patterns and I have to wait for it to develop. Maybe the waiting part is the part that kills me. And yes, all the divergences that I'm so used to using for ER2 just don't work on ES. ES just doesn't PLUNGE or go ballistic! And I thrive in an environment where things are just always waiting to go totally out of control LOL!!!
I've experimented with YM. It's actually ok. Just need to learn to count in lightning speed the number of points it's moved. 5-fig number is a pain to look at...
Time to regroup.
Thanks so much, FP and LT :-)
Oh, FP, I am still looking for TF (the new symbol for ER2) on my chart. Apparently, I have to apply to trade it before I'm allowed access on the chart that I use.
Just sent in my application. Will see if TF looks anything like ER2.
A friend of mine ("Peak Too Soon" on my blogroll) commented on his recent blog entry that TF is NOT ER2 and I'm not quite sure what to make out of that.
Post a Comment