Tuesday, September 16, 2008

ES (Simulated) Trade 9/15 (Part 2)



1 short entry after 12pmEST : +3 Points

Total for the day: +9.5 Points

For a long time now, I've not traded the after-lunch session. Went in after seeing a familiar pattern (3 Buddha tops) on the 5-min chart. Sat through a retracement of 2 points, and had to resist the urge to run (which I'm used to doing when trading the ER2). With ES, you just have to give it a little more time to work....

ES is definitely more testing than ER2. For most of my entries, I had to force myself to sit tight until I see a reason to quit.

Perhaps 1min isn't the best time-frame to use for scalping ES, even in the very first part of the trading session. Too much noise. Difficult to let profits run (even when it's simulated, I can't help but take profits too early).

1 min chart is definitely a pain to look at now, but because all its resistance and support lines still hold, it's difficult to discard it.

It's starting from scratch: finding the right time-frames, tunning in to its rhythm, profiling the players, etc, finding the average daily range (unlike ER2's 20 - 30 points, ES ranges from 10 to 50 - as in, you see quite a number of 10s, a number of 20s and 30s, and now and then, a 50).

Anyway, I'm calling it a day. I have my "profits" and I'm not going to give it back to the market. Netting a daily profit is my goal, and if I don't do in simulation exactly what I would do in a real trade, then this whole exercise would have been a total waste of time.

I hate ICE for taking ER2!!

No comments: