Alberto's back home. On vet's recommendation, as tomorrow is a public holiday here. He will be brought back to the clinic on Thursday to continue his treatment.
I've decided to remove my rant about the clinic, because after staying there with Al for almost 5 hours, I saw how gentle the staff were with the animals there. They were really concerned about stressing Al and so had decided not to do anything to him other than giving him what he absolutely needs to get better.
Al's much better now.
He was REALLY fierce. On the cages of the animals placed there, there would be instructions on handling - usually notes like "pls give XXX diet", "renal problem", etc.
Al's was "FIERCE".
Seabloke dropped by (a very pleasant surprise, coz I told her I needed no company and that she didn't have to take the trouble to get there), and was utterly amused by the label.
Anyway, I had to help change Al's food and towels coz any other hands that get pass the cage door get scratched or bitten.
In that few hours that I stood by his cage, I saw huge dogs and all kinds of felines went in and out of the surgical room and their cages, being handled by just one staff each. When they needed to take Al's drip out, 2 big male nurses and a lady nurse were deployed to subdue him. Al's big and mighty powerful, extremely antagonistic and his attacks extremely deadly when he feels threatened (just like the owner).
But he's home now. And he gets to sleep with me tonight :-)
Thanks, Harry, for your note :-) Appreciate it.
No comments:
Post a Comment