Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Back to the Future?

Was following news articles written by Michael Grynbaum from The New York Times, and, as I was going through his archive, something caught my eyes.

You see, as I was taking a glimpse at the subject headings on his archive list, I had, by sheer coincidence, on my other screen, DOW's daily chart, which I hadn't closed after doing my daily analysis.

I'm attaching both screens below. See if you can spot how the recent development in the market is mirroring that of Jan to March's and notice how the DOW has responded accordingly (the period in question has been highlighted in grey tetragon in grey) in both periods.

My question is: From this point on, does it look like DOW's going to repeat what it did post March (ie. resume its upward move) or write a brand new chapter by going down?

I would take into consideration the fact that unlike in March - where price actually retraced to Fib 61.8% when it was on its way down - this time, we have retraced to only Fib 38.2%.

Archive of Articles written by M. Grynbaum (Jan - Mar 08)










DOW daily

No comments: