D and I finally found something that's more horrifying than losing 10% of our account in one trade: a flying cockroach!!!
We were going to step out for a breather, and as D opened the main door, something flew past him in lightning speed. In less than a second, both Alberto and Keisha were dashing towards it and had it cornered in the common restroom. D took a peek inside the restroom and turned pale.
I had a really bad feeling about it and D confirmed my fear. What D did next was puzzling. He started to close all the windows in the kitchen, which was adjacent to the common restroom (before that, we've shut the restroom door, leaving Al and Keisha inside to play with their newfound toy). Then he explained that it was to prevent the disgusting creature from flying back in via those windows (the restroom window is right next to the row of kitchen windows).
After that we just looked at each other and wondered if we were going to let Al and Keisha take the fella out. That was when we saw it hanging right at the edge of the restroom window. I asked if we should just shut the restroom window. D said it's a good idea but he was too freaked out to get anywhere near it.
Perhaps it was just the kind of excitement I needed in the sluggish trading session (lunch time), or maybe there's really a man in me. I went right in, after asking D to keep an eye on the ugly thing to make sure it didn't fly right back into the restroom as I was shutting it.
And we did it. D saw the creature took a free fall down. 27 floors to the ground. Yikes!!! I hope it had opened its wings. Or do I really?
No way!
After this brief episode, we found it tremendously difficult to focus on trading anymore.
And Al and Keisha are now listless. They've had nothing to play with for the longest time. Back at our old place, we had strange creatures that found their way into our home because we were living on the 9th floor. Now that we are 27 floors high, almost nothing can get up unless i guess if they take the elevator....
Poor Al and Keisha will just have to settle for each other...for now...Al's getting tougher with Keisha these days and Keisha's getting more "manly". They are at least on level playing field now.
:-D
No comments:
Post a Comment