I think the universe is making a serious attempt to tell me something.
It's shutting down all my communications channels.
Even my mobile phone has crashed. I suspected something was not right when it was so quiet today. I stopped receiving anything else after getting one from M and one from my interior designer. That was before noon. I receive on average of 20 to 30 messages a day, so not having any messages come in from noon to 11pm was just not normal.
Finally, D tested my phone by sending me a message, which I didn't receive of course.
He scrolled to my inbox and was petrified to find 900 stored messages. No wonder it refused to accept more.
What D did next was an ultimate nightmare for me. Using bluetooth, he synchronized my phone with my pc so that I could choose and delete the messages I could bear deleting.
My computer froze. There was nothing else I could do. I had to delete my entire inbox.
So I thought.
But D suggested I read the manual to see if there was an easier option for me to delete my messages selectively, and also to call my service provider to find out if there was a glitch in my SIM or storage card etc.
Really bad suggestions coz those were the 2 things I really hate doing - reading a manual, and making a phone call, especially the latter (I hate calling so much that I would place my lunch order via Macdonald's online delivery service before 11am, coz after 11am, I would actually have to speak to someone).
I bit the bullet and hit the delete button.
All 900 messages obliterated in under a minute.
I wonder if it's meant to be...that there were things that I had to unload in my life that I hadn't while I was given a choice, and now I'm paying the price for hoarding.
Looks like a deep soul-searching exercise is in order.
What else is there that I have to give up that I haven't???
I'm going to have to start putting all the cards that D and Seabloke ever gave me into a safe deposit box. The way the universe is conspiring against me, I fear that Keisha might just find them and eat them!
Yes, Keisha will eat anything organic.
No comments:
Post a Comment