D and I started our Saturday early. It was the last day we got to keep our old home. An appointment was scheduled with HDB at 9am for the place to be inspected and surrendered. It was hardly a joyous occasion, but I certainly didn't feel half as traumatized as I did during my last visit.
D's presence had been most comforting. We had a little time to kill before the appointment, so we had coffee at a food centre nearby.
The "yellow box" (smoker's zone) there was exceedingly commodious.
BUT, it was the only part of the eatery that was totally uncovered.
"That's discrimination against smokers." D's disgruntled.
"Clearly it is. Nicotine's bad..."
"Then it should be banned"
"But revenue from tax is good..."
This went on for a while and then we sidetracked and started another equally trifling topic.
It's a known fact that I haven't enough "small-talk" skills to save my life. I can't carry out small-talks with anyone else (Seabloke's the exception of course). The main reason I haven't called my granny in weeks is coz I fear I will bore her to death. That's basically the very reason for my not calling any of my friends too. Unless I have something intelligent or jaw-dropping to share, I seldom talk.
But for some strange reasons, I thoroughly enjoy silly conversations with D. And I can't care less about appearing silly or clumsy when I'm with him now.
I'm not sure if I should feel happy that our "friendship" seems to be blossoming...
But I'm always happy to have D.
And it doesn't really matter what form he comes in.
Round is best!!!
:-D
No comments:
Post a Comment