This is THE program that I blame for my transformation.
I used to be cold as ice - and I took a lot of pride in that.
After the program, I became human.
Yikes!!!
So, what triggered this whole walking down the memory lane episode?
My favorite POE coach, Rachit, is the culprit.
Rachit (I like to call him Rush-it, coz I think that's how his name should be pronounced. But Rachit calls himself "Racheat"...) sent out a request for a character reference, and in the process of putting up one for him, memories came flooding back...
Anyway, here you go, Rachit (I'm sorry it's longer than 8 lines...you can't be described in 8 lines, honey. "TRY" 8 volumes of Rachit-the-Rat comics...):
Rachit is a little rascal and a rat.
Yes he is.
He made me cry.
I remember the first day at POE, when everyone was going around hugging and getting to know the others, I managed to hold my stay-away-from-my-intimate-5meter radius- zone stance for a good 2 days, and getting me to put my all into the activities posed a challenge to the coaches. It took Rachit and his wit and charm to open me up. If not for him, I would not have received the full benefit the program had to offer me.
The crying part did a lot of good for me.
I would warn anyone against doing what Rachit did to break my defenses though, unless you're as perceptive, eloquent and compassionate as he is.
Youth can sometimes be a disadvantage; but in Rachit's case, his age would be the last thing you would focus on when you're interacting with him (In any case, Rachit is way too matured for his age. I don't know what made him grow up so fast - life experiences probably had a lot to do with it - and I don't dwell on it too much).
What I will always remember about Rachit is that he was one of the rare few who was not intimidated by my hostility nor discouraged by my apathy. He did what he was there to do: empowering others to find themselves.
No comments:
Post a Comment