Friday, January 8, 2010

Disgusting Algo

I finally got my 8 hours' sleep.....wait, from 5am to 2:30pm - omg, that's like nearly 10 hours! Considering that I haven't slept for more than 3 each day for the past WEEKS, that's a real compensation.

Was staring at the same ugly chart yesterday that Solfest was looking at. I started staring at it at 3am ET. Had no idea what in heaven's name it was doing - its starting above pivot and piercing it subsequently and coming back up during the globex session was enough to suggest that trading it wasn't going to be easy on my nerves, to say the least.

So crude ended up not getting near enough to its high from the day before, and not wanting to get back beneath pivot. I was long first, aiming for 83.50, then short, aiming for 80.95. Neither worked out of course. When I was short, I kept telling D that "the bitch just won't die!!!". If you've seen Solfest's chart, you'll understand my frustration. Some entities, forces, whatever you call them - kept supporting price above pivot!

D went to bed and I continued to stare at my charts til 5am, when I finally threw in the towel. Scratched it at breakeven.

The next time I see crude, I will pimp slap it.

An interesting development today: my agent called to tell me that I've been shortlisted for a Macdonald's TV ad, which I turned down of course.

Of all the fast foods, I hate Macdonald's the most. It gives me serious rashes and migraine WITHOUT fail everytime I eat it.

But that's not the reason that I rejected the job.

I hate the entire modelling industry. That's THE reason.


No comments: