Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Crude - My Joy & Pain - & A Sad Story

CL 10min
CL 10min Zoom Out
I must have changed my mind at least a dozen times about where oil is going. Stopped out thrice (2 full stopouts, 1 stopped on trailed). Frustrating but am starting to get used to it.

Am disappointed that I couldn't hold the last trade (shown on chart above) to 79.10 target (S1). It was 20 mins before oil inventory report, and price wouldn't plunge even after making new lows. I chose to play defensive.

D felt my moodiness and kept wanting to cheer me up.

Correction: he SAW my moodiness - oil plunged way way beneath S1 after news release.

I have done everything that isn't in my nature to do - all for the sake of trading well - and I just wish that I'll learn to at least give myself a pat on the back once in a while.

But that's REALLY not in my blood.

My 3 stopped out entries (Red for short; blue for longs):


On a very sad note, D's office cleaner collapsed today and couldn't be revived. It was discovered later that he had a hole in his heart. He was just 30. The really sad part was that none of the 50 over personnel in the office that were crowding around him rendered or called for any help. It was only when D approached them that he knew what happened. He told the crowd that if there wasn't anything else they were going to do, they should at least clear out and give the man some air. D called the ambulance. When he learnt that the man didn't make it, he had his staff send an envelope around to raise funds for the cleaner's family. He was appalled to learn that only a fraction of those who had gathered around the cleaner had made a contribution. That's the private banking department of one of the BIGGEST banks in the world, and most earn a very decent income, and only a handful was willing to do something for the man who had helped them clean their work space everyday.

I don't know what to say.

No comments: