6E 2min (Blue arrow: Entry / Red arrow: Exit or Stop-out)
For reasons that experienced traders would know, it's difficult to TRADE RIGHT when the focus is to show good, consistent daily results.
I started the day being stopped out for a loss; took profit for the 2nd trade (which more than offset the loss and was a nice 100 plus net gain); then stopped out for a loss in the 3rd and 4th trade that put me back in the red;then my 4th trade got me to my target.
For each of my trades, my initial stop was less than 0.2% of my daytrading account. I held back taking profit and move my stops to "valid" levels. I was counting the number of trades I've entered throughout so I know when to stop if price didn't get to where I was aiming for.
Like I said, this is just the 1st of 3 sequences I plan to trade today. This is the MO for days that I can trade (For this week, Wed has already been blacklisted. I will be spending the day planning for my trip, getting air-tickets etc etc): I will trade from 8am to 10 pm my time (7pm to 9am N.Y. time), with 2 breaks in between (when IB does its routined shut down) where I'll work out at home (yes I have a mini gym). Once US market opens, I will trade ETFs very leisurely and will hold them for swings whenever I feel that they are worth holding.
With a schedule like that, it will be extremely difficult for me to continue to blog.
I have what I call a "1st" target to hit by early next year. I realized that the reason that I wouldn't stop sabotaging my trading was coz there was nothing I wanted that money could buy. So I asked D what he wanted. Then D asked what I wanted. And when I couldn't recall, he reminded me that I was crazy about a red Lotus. So, there it is - my carrot.
As I've mentioned, I will be back with updates once I hit my target.
Long & Wrong and Solfest:
You guys should consider writing/teaching. You apparently are more convincing and persuasive than Mark Douglas. My mind's poisoned now and I'm not looking back (MM, sorry, just gotta borrow your phrase coz seriously, there's just no better substitute).
5 comments:
Thanks, I think.
LW is the kind of trading royalty that we colonials can only aspire to be.
[embarrased silence] in response to MM and Jules.
Solfest though is taking the P*** ;-)
Hi Jules,
I noticed that you use Interactive brokers platform to trade. I remember you used Infinity, right? Any reason changing?
DonRok
*Patiently waits near email machine, clicks refresh every 10 seconds, waiting for an update*
Enjoy your trip. HK is doing well lately, I hear :)
Your personality comforts me, Jules! Don't leave for too long...
Post a Comment