Monday, November 2, 2009

6B Trades 11/2 (Mon) & Daylight Saving

6B 133-Ticks (Trade #1)
6B 133-Ticks (Trade #2)
For D's sake, I wish yen and DX will continue to stay in the red, and get redder as the day goes. D's still holding FAS, which has become a rather toxic asset in his portfolio....

My UWM buy stop order was triggered on Friday. Ha.

US market opens at 10:30pm my time today (instead of 9:30pm during US' daylight saving time), which means that D will have a lot more time to prepare for the trading session after he knocks off from work, and I will start having to turn in at 5AM!!!

D's going to have to learn to make his own coffee in the morning.

And I'll have to give up trading the Sydney session.

Either that, or I give up trading the 2nd part of the US session....

Definitely the 2nd part of the US session.

6B and 6E are too tame during the Asian session to give up.

7 comments:

Eyal said...

Yes it can be a drag to trade the US from Asia, you need to be a night person by nature (which luckily I am).

On the other hand it can be even worse, imagine trading from Australia/NZ, and when the weather is cold in the middle of the night.. now that's real torture.

Jules said...

I love cold, Eyal :-) Keeps me awake LOL!

Yes, you definitely need to be a night person. I've never slept well at night since I was a child, and tend to fall asleep in the day (e.g. during lectures, in boring meetings etc).

I guess you don't trade the Asia market at all?

daytrader233 said...

A very nice start to the week Jules! :-)

Btw, how is Al fairing these days?

Market Monkey said...

Hi Jules,

I was just wondering, where you learnt about candlesticks?? It's obviously one of your strong suits ;)

I've got as a far as Steve Nison's "The Candlestick Course" which is definitely one of my most valued trading books.

MM

Jules said...

DT,
Alberto's been better. He's starting to scratch me again whenever he wants a massage :-)
How's your trading coming along?

Jules said...

Hi MM :-)

Yes, I read Steve Nison. He tells good stories, and I enjoy them :-)

When it comes to trading, I actually find Al Brooks' interpretation of candlesticks a lot more helpful. And Trader-X's too.

So, I didn't really pick up candlestick from any one person or source in particular. I read everything, and tried everything. The ones that burnt me, I remember them. Sometime last year, I lost 2k on a single trade (think it was 6E) coz I was depending on hammers for support when I was long and market was plunging. After that, I realized that those hammers were part of what was supposedly a failed harami (well, i shouldn't say that it failed, coz haramis are never reliable reversal patterns in the first place). Then on an uptrend (especially during US session, together with gap play), a doji that follows a strong bull candle (in this case, a harami cross - which is supposedly a warning of a change of trend) is often my buy signal (I'll buy 1 tick above, effectively trading a failed pattern).

To put it simply, I learnt about candles from people like Brooks and Trader-X, and by paying the market hefty amounts of money :-)

daytrader233 said...

Hi Jules! Nice to hear that Al is better.

I continue to sim-trade/document my setups and results. Trying to find the right R:R. I would love to hold my trades longer. (held a 41 tick winner in the 6E yesterday) Trying to find the right balance between scalper and swing trader. :-)

Btw, great trading! Keep it up.