Sunday, November 8, 2009

It's Time

Ok, this is really good-bye. I am ready for serious trading now, and am doing it alone.

Trading is inherently a lonely endeavor. Sure you can have trading buddies, and a whole chatroom of other traders to share your experiences with, but none of them will ever really feel your joy when you win, and your pain when you lose. Trading, like death, is very personal.

I work best in isolation. Once I achieve my first target, I will update this blog, and share my experience.

To all who have sent me emails (Jack, Ziad, JE, Jaya, Paul, MM), I will write you in the next few days. I am sorry I haven't replied, coz there was just so much I wanted to say, and not enough time to say them all.

I'd love to keep in touch with the few of you who have access to my private blog. I have your email address, and will write you on my progress, and perhaps to rant a little from time to time :-)

Albert, thanks for your email. Yes, I know HK. I lived there :-) I'll see you in late Nov.

14 comments:

daytrader233 said...

Good luck Jules. Keep in touch.
:-)

IfUSeekAmyEd said...

Jules, at this time, I also feel isolation is needed to focus on my trading. Maybe it's the quietness of the blogosphere, or just the cold season. But I'm just mainly ignoring emails/comments, and still posting for my own reference with absolutely no care/concern for others. Perhaps I'm at an earlier stage before "It's time". Hope to see you around still, and hear from you once awhile.

cory said...

Somehow I know this day would come. I now shall eat a quart of Lychee Matini to celebrate your future success Good Bye and Good Luck.

TST said...

I created a blog to avoid mumbling about trading to myself... :-)

sage08 said...

Strangely, i've been contemplating canning my blog too. It does funny things to my trades. Anyway, all the best.

Albert said...

Jules, good luck with your trading. See you in November!

Market Monk said...

Jules,

I ran across this a while ago:
F - Follow
O - One
C - Course
U - Until
S - Successful

It was one of the reasons I decided to shut down my blog. Damn glad I did as I am making significant progress and profits these days.

Trade well,
MM

Jules said...

Thank you, DT :-) Yes, we'll be in touch via email.

Jules said...

Ed :-)
Write me. I still read emails, and I do reply one by one, that's why my replies are always late :-)
I've been writing almost daily and sometimes a few times a day since May 2008. You have a long way to go LOL!

Jules said...

Cory! :-)
Somehow, I knew that somehow you'd know :-) Yes, you do know me very well. And it's nice to know :-)
Don't tempt me with LM ice-cream!!

Jules said...

TST :-) You need cats. They are great listeners :-) By the way, I really like 2min charts! I think you and Solfest are the only ones using 2 mins...they are great! :-)

Jules said...

Thank you, Albert! See ya! :-)

Jules said...

Sage,
Sea, my sister, was just telling me that there's a book called "blink" written by a Michael something...anyway, she's going to pass me the book. It talks about how the human mind works. In certain areas of our life, we tend to stop performing once we have to describe what we are doing/what we have done. She asked if that could be what blogging has done to my trading. Insightful, coming from someone who knows next to nothing about trading :-)

Jules said...

Hello, Monkey Monk! :-) Yes, I noticed you were gone. And yes, I am sold. "FOCUS" is what I am working on :-) Great to hear that life after blogging turned out just fine for you. I've been torn between continuing to blog and stopping it altogether for a long time. Blogging used to help instill some discipline, so it wasn't a futile exercise afterall. But there comes a time when change is needed to move things along :-)