Monday, February 2, 2009

TF Trades 2/2 - A Day I WANT To Remember


I'm never going to check out news again during trading.


Here's a perfect bump-and run trade that I did not take (bad news - that I actually paid attention to - totally to be blamed), although I did anticipate TF to pull back to 445:

TF 1min
It was a very safe entry given that TF has bounced up from support at 436 after a throw back to that level, and TICK was in negative region turning up. My stop would just need to be slightly below downtrend line - 435 would have been far enough.

For bump-and-run, the measure rule is that you take the highest point from where the previous downtrend began, and use that as your exit target. In this case - 435.5

That's a good 8 to 9 point profit.

Definitely THE day to remember.

I took a scalp down from below 435 instead. 7 ticks and I didn't feel good about staying any longer. I hadn't put in a stop. If pattern turns out to be an inverted scallop instead, I'll be screwed.

All in all, it's a happy day!

Done trading. Will leave overtrading for another day. Market's looking for support, and I don't want to be chopped.
Throat's annoying me. Seabloke's warning me earlier today that my cough is probably going to last 100 days in all now that it's gone into its 30th is not helping at all! Why didn't I catch my doctor before Chinese New Year??

Cough aside, I'm in a terribly good mood. So, someone's getting a nice massage!

Profit: USD 400

11 comments:

sage08 said...

Great start to the month. Keep it up!

cory said...

About the cough, my father theorized that coughing gems live somewhere in your throat thus the medicines you swallow down into your stomach don't do that much damage to the gems. His solution is to take a dab of this http://www.happyguru.com/store/images/eag_bran_bottl_330.jpg and keep it on your tongue and inhale it deeply into your lungs as frequently as you can stand it. The idea is to 'suffocate' the gems and reduce your coughing time in turn. He carried out his 'experiments' on my cousins, 4 school-age kids. Those who tried his method ended their coughing within a week or two. Those who scoffed at his idea and followed their mother's advice, a pharmacist, suffered much longer. He claimed he has not had a long drawn out cough for years.

Jules said...

THANK YOU CORY!!!

You know who's going to love you? SEABLOKE!! :-) Her little girl coughs often, which is why she's familiar with the germs (but NOT with things that can kill them LOL!).

You mentioned "as frequently as you can stand it" - does it taste very bad? It's not durian flavored, is it? :-)

Thanks again, Cory! Muak! Muak! Muak!

Jules said...

Thank you, Sage :-)

I am still going to collect AB from you!!
(Island's small, for all you know maybe we are neighbors..hur hur...)

So, tempted to trade full-time yet, after having a very good day last Friday? :-)

Jules said...

Sea honey, it's not meant to be ingested :-) I think it's similar to using Listerine...

D actually suggested Listerine, but I think I'll rather use "feng you jing"...our grandpa used it and he lived to the ripe old age of 90 :-)

sage08 said...

Trade full time and put myself at the mercy of Miss Market? No way! At least not in the near future..

cory said...

just dab a bit of the medicine on a small cotton ball. The idea is to inhale the vapor not to swallow it or anything.

Jules said...

Sage,
Seems like most of us prefer to be at the mercy of a single organization :-)

Jules said...

Thanks, Cory :-) Don't worry, I won't drink it. Actually when Seabloke and I were kids, my grandpa would give it to us for our tummy aches. Seabloke remembered, I didn't. She's still haunted!! LOL!

sage08 said...

You have a point there, you know. I feel miserable in my day job.. but i reckon, daytrading full time is not exactly favorable for my heart. I need the grind of a fulltime job to balance things out. Who knows, if my company goes on a 4-day work week, i'll be the happiest of the lot.

Jules said...

If it does, Sage, sound me out immediately!! I want in!!! LOL!

Daytrading full time has not exactly been good for my heart either. But without a day job, it kind of make it a "MUST" for me to make trading work...