Tuesday, February 3, 2009

TF & ES Trades 2/3 - Another Day That I Should Have Just Stood On The Sideline

It dawned on me today that skipping lunch is very, very bad. I hadn't realized that before because D has always come home early enough for dinner (8 - 9 pm). He came out of a meeting late today, and by the time he got home, my blood glucose level had gotten so low I was seeing double, and my heart was not beating right.

To cut a long story short, my heart was racing even before US market opened, and I was putting up with a gastric pain. When my trade went against me, I couldn't think straight. Because my heart was pounding, I couldn't help but question the validity of my entry the whole time I was in trade. I kept having to tell myself to focus on my charts and to stop thinking that my physical condition was a reaction to a trade gone wrong - coz it hasn't.

After having sat on what was a very typical loss of 3 to 5 points - and missed getting out at minimum damage thrice - I felt so stretched I wanted to give up trading forever. I pressed on until I got out slightly better than breaking even (I had shorted TF, and where I got out was barely a point above the low of the day).

I am a sore loser, and I don't want to lose, coz I don't want to have to get sore.

I know, I'm terrible. Some days, I just can't help but be me.

Am calling it a day. I can't think with a palpitating heart, a gastric pain, a bad throat, and a spinning head.

D has set an alarm on my mobile to remind me to take my lunch. Got me bending over laughing, but I gather that's the only solution for now.

Strange that I actually remembered to do his laundry, feed my cats, clean up their litter box, but forgot that I needed to eat.

It's not an easy day to trade today, and I chose to trade anyway. I have itchy fingers and I don't know what to do with them.

TF is definitely looking for support. Momentum is clearly down, but price simply won't stop moving up. On 5min, TF looks like it really wants to get back up into the broadening wedge.

Today's ES and TF trades: USD 290
TF 5min

No comments: