ES 3min
752.5 - Fri's Low
743.25 - Today's Low
Support for now - 749.75 (doesn't look like it's going to hold for much longer)
Resistance for now - 755.5
I can't decide if I should treat the trades below as winning or scratched trades. If I treat them as scratched (I did scratch them coz setups were just not working out - at least not as quickly as I expected them to), I can continue to trade without feeling like I've broken one of the 1000 rules I have.
I'm finally seeing a very nice HS setup to short all the way to 745, and D just text to say I should just call it a winning day....
This has been a daily battle for me for 3 months now. Some days I think I could tell the difference between overtrading, and the scratching of trades from lousy setups while waiting for the good ones to show; most days I need a very sensible and rational D to point out that the setups good enough for my trading style are virtually extinct now.
Am still working on developing a taste for ES' waltzing up, down and sideways on my chart.
743.25 - Today's Low
Support for now - 749.75 (doesn't look like it's going to hold for much longer)
Resistance for now - 755.5
I can't decide if I should treat the trades below as winning or scratched trades. If I treat them as scratched (I did scratch them coz setups were just not working out - at least not as quickly as I expected them to), I can continue to trade without feeling like I've broken one of the 1000 rules I have.
I'm finally seeing a very nice HS setup to short all the way to 745, and D just text to say I should just call it a winning day....
This has been a daily battle for me for 3 months now. Some days I think I could tell the difference between overtrading, and the scratching of trades from lousy setups while waiting for the good ones to show; most days I need a very sensible and rational D to point out that the setups good enough for my trading style are virtually extinct now.
Am still working on developing a taste for ES' waltzing up, down and sideways on my chart.
3 comments:
Hi Jules,
Certainly choppy indeed (most traders' nightmare) but gave way to a huge rally later on in the day. I'm impressed you withstood the chop and ca!
"working towards consistent daily results"
That's a great goal and so far it looks like you're in the right direction..
oops, typo! I'm impressed you withstood the chop and traded well today.
Thank you, Jane :-)
Actually, if you use a 3min chart, you'll see that it isn't that choppy. The patterns are clear on 3min yesterday. 3min is good for daytrades, not just for scalping :-)
Post a Comment