Friday, February 27, 2009

ES Trades 2/27 - What I Really, Really Want


Not a great day. D was home on sick leave, and we watched a really touching movie - while I was scalping.

It was kind of funny, coz at one point, I was so busy watching my charts and tape, D had to help stop my timer (yes, I had to resort to using a timer to make sure I don't overstay, or run too fast).

It was really not professional. I wasn't focused, and when I wanted to go in short after losing nearly 2 points, D interrupted and said I needed a break badly. I was really, really upset, coz I'm a scalper -you don't interrupt a scalper. When the tape's running, and I see the chance to get in, I'll have to get in. No hesitation, no waiting to see what happens next.

Anyway, I got distracted, missed the tempo, and got in just in time to be run over by a stampede of petrified bears. Ended up sitting on my position longer than I planned to, and had to get out at breakeven when it was time to take Alberto to the vet.

When I got out, D gave me a nice long hug. I must look really tensed when I work. D seemed shocked to see how I really don't get out of my chair from 9 in the morning til 7 in the evening unless there's an emergency (e.g when my cats are hungry, and when HE is hungry, etc). I told him that's how I got to feel ES' beat - I just stare at it day after day and unless I have an assigment that takes me out of the house, I'm with it from the moment I get out of bed to the time I get back in.

Something else about how I trade. And that is that I'm convinced that holding's just not my style. Maybe someday I'll hold a 5-point winner. But that's not what I'm in for for now.

I don't like to have to wait for anything - if I want something, I must have it NOW.

It's good that there isn't a whole lot of things that I really want. Most times, all I really, really want, is someone that I can really talk to, someone who really knows me, and yet is able to love me for who I really am.

The other thing that I really, really, really want, is for all the living things I love to be cloned.

5 comments:

Complacent Panda said...

On your last want, I know this really awesome scientist in North Korea... *wink* *wink* we just need some fetuses!

=)

Jules said...

Really, Panda?? I have 2 cats I want to clone, but they can't have babies. How???
By the way, the thing I know about Korea is that it has good and cheap plastic surgeons..

thelonelytrader said...

CP, can you find a way to clone good trades?

thelonelytrader said...

"Most times, all I really, really want, is someone that I can really talk to, someone who really knows me, and yet is able to love me for who I really am."

Hey Jules, howabout getting to know yourself better? I'm sure it would provide much amusement to D, seeing you mumbling to yourself as you staggered back adn forth from your trading station to the kitchen everytime the cats were hungry. All you would need is a knitted rainbow wolly on your noggin and an old, tattered sweater and the image would be complete....

;)

Seriously, though, you've been kicking @$$ lately. Nice job.

Jules said...

I already have a thick wolly noggin, Lonely. LoL! And yes, my sweaters are tattered. So are my bedsheets. That's the price you pay for allowing your cats into your walk-in wardrobe and on your bed...
And I do talk to myself. A lot.
And I'm D's constant amusement.
Are you a psychic??
Can you tell me if the market's going down to 6000, 5000, or 2000? ;-)
You're doing great yourself, Lonely. *%$4*#*$@ those who ask you funny questions. I always wonder what makes these people think they have the right to do that.