Friday, February 6, 2009

HUH???!!

This is the reason why I don't read real-time news update as I trade (I salute the person that put up such a report - the disinterestedness is astonishing):
Market gone bonkers:
ES 5min
ES Hourly
No, I'm NOT crying. But I'll definitely trade a busted pattern in future.

On 5 min, it was a busted breakout (on the downside) of a descending wedge (yet more reason for me to only trade a descending wedge on the upside). On my earlier post, I did say this: there're a lot of offers but market's not plunging.

From now on, I am going to make it a point to keep referring to my premarket posts throughout the trading session. For today, it had totally slipped my mind that bears would have to do a mass puking when price simply refused to plunge on bad news.

D consoled me that what matters is that I was right. I told him it was a wrong day to be right. There were good reasons that I scratched my trades so many times. I take that as a sign that I'm not in tune with the market, and I don't regret having stayed on the sideline.

I will soon find the courage to resume trading busted patterns again.

No comments: