Day started REALLY BAD. Was logged out of IB 3 times. A total of more than 120 attempts were made to get back in. Missed all my scalping opportunities, and was forced to put tighter stops in case I was disconnected and couldn't adjust my stops.
First 2 trades were stopped out at a total loss of $780. Went back in twice after that and recovered $300.
Got home 2 hours past midnight to resume trading (and had no more problem with internet connection once I switched back to land connection). Win some, lose some, and was up $380 (see above) by the time the cash market closed.
Minus the $480 loss from the first session, that's a net loss of $100 for the day.
I'm starting to dislike that little gadget that's supposed to save me from the very situation that it got me into today.
STARHUB, you've officially lost my trust. This is the umpteenth time that I can't rely on your crappy mobile connect to keep me online for half an hour straight. Am definitely loooking for better contingencies.
As a side note, you guys really have to stop doing maintenance on weekdays when people are trading!! How many times must your customers beg you to switch back to your weekend maintenance schedule before you'll give a damn?!!
You're no good for bringing around, and you're no good at home!
When I dislike you enough, I'm going to unsubscribe from all your services - cable TV, mobile phones, broadband, EVERYTHING!
First 2 trades were stopped out at a total loss of $780. Went back in twice after that and recovered $300.
Got home 2 hours past midnight to resume trading (and had no more problem with internet connection once I switched back to land connection). Win some, lose some, and was up $380 (see above) by the time the cash market closed.
Minus the $480 loss from the first session, that's a net loss of $100 for the day.
I'm starting to dislike that little gadget that's supposed to save me from the very situation that it got me into today.
STARHUB, you've officially lost my trust. This is the umpteenth time that I can't rely on your crappy mobile connect to keep me online for half an hour straight. Am definitely loooking for better contingencies.
As a side note, you guys really have to stop doing maintenance on weekdays when people are trading!! How many times must your customers beg you to switch back to your weekend maintenance schedule before you'll give a damn?!!
You're no good for bringing around, and you're no good at home!
When I dislike you enough, I'm going to unsubscribe from all your services - cable TV, mobile phones, broadband, EVERYTHING!
8 comments:
[i]Minus the $480 loss from the first session, that's a net loss of $100 for the day.
[/i]
now, that is what trading is about!If you can keep it together you just know you qill be able to claw your way back.
:-) How are you, Cory?
I claw, and I BITE. LOL!
But still a sore loser...
:-)
grrrh .. the agony of losing connection during trading. good luck.
tony
ah..sounds like you are in Singapore? Starhub...sounds so familiar to me..
Yes, Gavin, I'm Singaporean. You are/were too, before you moved to Australia, am I correct?
Starhub has been around for a long time (a decade, I think?). Have you been gone that long?
Hope you're having fun where you are now. I am looking forward to living among happier folks... No one smiles here!! And I don't understand why!
Thanks, Tony!
Good luck to Starhub. I might just write in to ST forum when I have nothing else better to do :-)
I am Malaysian. Stayed in Singapore for the past 8 years. To your surprise, I worked for Starhub for the past 5 years LOL... But, it doesn't mean I am a big fan of them...got what I mean? :)
You bet I do, Gavin!
:-)
Post a Comment