Thursday, December 4, 2008

TF Trade 12/3




Canceled my initial stop order when market showed no sign of wanting to go up.

No staring at charts after that, stealing only glances from time to time to see how the market's doing in general.

Once TF started to reverse up and climb towards 444, I continued to work on what I was doing. I was adamant about trading the pattern that I had planned to trade and nothing else.

TF finally closed way above 444, which was significant, as that was a strong resistance. After that, it sped all the way up to 448, then 449. Just the momentum I was waiting for, and I entered at market.

8 minutes into the trade and TF's upward move started to show signs of exhaustion. I covered.

Moments later, TF has retraced more than 3 points from my exit price.

My profit target was initially set at 460, but I decided not to push my luck, as the market wasn't looking exactly bullish by today's standards (something like +50 points for DOW).

Another day that went well coz I wasn't staring at my charts, the tape, and the market. There was only one goal on my mind, and it's to trade the plan I've prepared for earlier today. And I knew that by staring at my charts, the temptation to alter my plan and get into a trade on impulse is not going to be just a possibility. It will be a certainty.

No comments: