
Highlighted in blue are trades I took. Highlighted in yellow are signals that I had indicated a "go" on my notebook which I didn't take. These will be printed and pinned right next to my screen where I can see them whenever I'm seated at my workstation. My desire to trade was near zero today and I had to push myself like I've never done before. Bizarre.
17 ticks in all:
USD 212 . Too far away from target. I really have to start wanting to trade again.
6 comments:
Jules,
You made money though..lol.
BTW have you still been looking into trading prop? I am actually considering it - but it will mean moving to NY or Chicago most likely - yuck!
LT
HI Jules,
New to your sight just wanted to say hi. Today i had to drag myself to sit in front of the computer and my stats showed it.. Got ate up on the TF and the ES was not so kind either to me. I think that was one of the basic rules in Toni Turners book "if you don't feel like trading then don't trade" So simple yet so hard to follow through. Anyway great site!!
LT,
I have been discussing with D about looking for a prop firm, and looking at the local market. There's really not many in Singapore. I don't mind relocating to N.Y. but D said it doesn't make sense for me to trade for a firm since I have my own trading account. A few of those I know personally have asked me to trade for them, and I'm still considering. It would definitely make sense to expand my pool - I can cut down my transaction cost. These are families and friends so I won't be charging any commission. The cost savings is attractive enough for me :-)
Can't you trade the accounts from where you live, since you're within the country?
Hi Tsimpson,
thanks for dropping by :-) Yes the last few days/weeks/months have not been easy. 2008 was just a lot easier, and definitely a better year for many (Don Miller would agree :-)).
I have to trade everyday coz it's my job. I'm not a swing trader ie. I don't need setups that offer 5 to 10 points per move. As long as the market moves, I'm supposed to be able to trade. To me, being disciplined as a daytrader means I don't let my emotions rule me. For anyone working a 9 to 5 job, they can't just take a day off coz they don't feel like working that day :-)
So you're trading TF and ES on the same day?
Jules,
If I was in NY or Chicago I could find a decent futs or forex firm but I'm not anywhere near those cities. Probably will just continue to trade my own account (and maybe for a few friends and family), but its always nice to look at other options.
LT
Jules,
I trade the the TF most of the time and the ES and NQ when I look to spice up my day. I would like to trade the ES or NQ but I always end up back on the TF chart. Also playing around with Forex and learning more about that. I've only been trading futures for year and a half so i still lots to learn. Fun site I like you honest post. Hope to learn some thing here. If anything just meet some other traders. Everybody seems really nice and positive here.
Post a Comment