Monday, October 20, 2008

Blogging, FX Trading, The Wacky Market and Such

D noticed that I've not been updating my blog as frequently as I used to. I happen to have noticed that too.

It's not that I've run out of topics - I have a list that will take me a month to finish if I just blog on 1 of them a day.

The truth is, I don't see any value in what I have to say.

I've wanted to blog about the nasty, uncalled for and malicious comments I've been seeing on others' blogs. I scrap the idea eventually. Many are going through a bad time - perhaps there's really simply nothing else better for these anonymous vipers to do; and if attacking their counterparts offer them some kind of relief and comfort, I'll be a terrible person to attack them.

I've really wanted to post something on the global economy. But others are already doing a far better job. Much better for me to spend my time reading them than writing about what I think.

Then there's this 10-part series on my family saga that I am really tempted to start on, but I want my Granny to rest in peace for now. My memoir can wait.

I must have a dozen drafts on daily market analysis, which I have NOT posted, coz I didn't want a CERTAIN SOMEONE to go into the market with a bias view during a period that calls for a heap of FLEXIBILITY and a lot of experience and traders' INTUITION to ride through the storm. Most importantly, I didn't see the point of writing when the person I wanted to benefit the most wasn't reading. Yes, I see the contradiction in this para. I'm always in one jumble after another. That pretty much sums up who I am.

I've wanted to blog on my FX trades - with charts and all - but decided that they are best left where there are now: in my physical FX scrapbook. Don't want to waste anyone's time reading them coz I haven't come up with a systematic way of trading FX. If I've been losing money, I wouldn't mind posting them as learning lessons for both myself and those who are reading them.The way I trade FX is that I don't exit until I see profits. I trade very small lots (NOT the standard 100,000 units lot), and let my losses run. Some call it contrarian. I don't. Contrarian is something else. Buffet is a contrarian; I'm just NON-MAINSTREAM. I adopted the concept of NOT taking a loss, while focusing on getting on the right side of the trend, from an FX trader who believes that retail FX traders are inherently disadvantaged and therefore must somehow find a way to catch a ride with the big players. Those who are interested might want to check out "Bird Watching in Lion Country". For preview, visit The Lonely Trader's blog, and check out the list on his blogroll. One of them has an extensive write-up on the author and his method. I'm not telling which one it is, only coz going through his blogroll list is a good exercise. You'll find some treasures there.

I might start to post my pre-market analysis again once I'm comfortable that having a view is better than NOT having one (for the past month, I really see the benefit of NOT going into the market with an impression, expectation, and view of any sorts) before the US market opens.

Once D leaves for HK (5 days from now), I might just start a mini-series on "100 Things I Love and Hate About D".

Hur Hur Hur......

I am going back to trading my real money account. Since I trade better in a bad state, I can't see the logics of not using real money now that I'm highly dysfunctional.

If I make any money, I'm going to have to start thinking seriously about writing a book, and give it a title along the line of "an anti-thesis of trading psychology".

2 comments:

cory said...

Blog is a place for you to share something that you think it's interesting to you and to others. Sometimes it's good to hear other's point of view...or not. You will get more posters on your bad day and less or none on your good day. Either way I'll be waching.

Jules said...

Thanks, Cory :-)

Things that are interesting me tend to be trivial to others, but I write about them anyway coz this is my diary :-)

I rant and I curse and I whine, and it's extremely therapeutic! :-)