Thursday, October 9, 2008

Wonderful Life

Didn't trade last night.

Brought Al and Keisha to Dr Nathan's. Al had his daily shots of antibiotic and liquids , and Keisha was there for a blood test.

Seems like Al's getting better.

But Keisha is the problem now. She's not been eating. Bad teeth. Dr Nathan has put her on medication for the time being until she's ready for her dental surgery.

By the time we got home, market has already opened. After we had dinner, it was near 11am EST.

Granny's going to be transferred to another hospital. She's no longer going to be herself. She won't be able to sit up and eat anymore; she probably wouldn't be able to move at all for the rest of her life.

D is going to Hong Kong this month to meet up with his mum who's flying in from LA, and they will spend a week there visiting their friends and relatives.

And I gather that while he's there, D will probably check in on a significant someone.

D had asked me to join him, since my closest friends and my only child are now living in Hong Kong.

I turned down the kind offer.

Too huge an emotional baggage.

Too many bad memories.

And a single person whose throat I'm afraid I'll go for should I run into her.

I'm convinced now, that there are just too many things that I can't prevent from happening.

The best I can do is to let go, and be prepared for the days where all the people that matter to me will leave me - one at a time, one way or the other.

And D is the first person I have to purge from the core of my heart. He is a good person. But I'm not. So we are inherently NOT meant to be. And for as long as I know that, I'll always be prepared for him to leave me for a sweet, decent, NORMAL woman.

So, I'm letting him go, for the 2nd time in 6 months, to a place that I think will haunt me for a very long time.

Anyway, it'll be fun without him around. I can now sit in front of my computer for 20 hours a day, skip my meals, skip all my grooming routines ,and be a bona fide WITCH!!

I'm glad I have a cleaning lady, coz I'm going to have to depend on her to make my shell as sanitized as it can possibly get before D's mum arrives. Something to do with first impressions.

Yes, that's going to be the first time I'm meeting D's mum in the 15 years that I've been with D.

She's a brain surgeon; I'm a smoker.

I think we'll make great pals.

Ha Ha.

One of D's favorite songs (I don't need to be a genius to figure out that the friend he needs isn't me, and I wonder when I'll ever be kind enough to release him):

Wonderful Life

Here I go out to see again
the sunshine fills my hair
and dreams hang in the air
Gulls in the sky and in my blue eyes
you know it feels unfair
there's magic everywhere

Look at me standing
here on my own again
up straight in the sunshine

No need to run and hide
it's a wonderful, wonderful life
No need to laugh and cry
it's a wonderful, wonderful life

Sun in your eyes
the heat is in your hair
they seem to hate you
because you're there
and I need a friend
Oh, I need a friend
to make me happy
not stand here on my own

Look at me standing
here on my own again
up straight in the sunshine

No need to run and hide
it's a wonderful, wonderful life
No need to laugh and cry
it's a wonderful, wonderful life

I need a friend
oh, I need friend
to make me happy
not so alone.......
Look at me here
here on my own again
up straight in the sunshine

No need to run and hide
it's a wonderful, wonderful life
No need to laugh and cry
it's a wonderful, wonderful life

No need to run and hide
it's a wonderful, wonderful life
No need to run and hide
it's a wonderful, wonderful life
wonderful life, wonderful life

No comments: