Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Reply II

Thanks, Sage, Harry, Moyo for your emails and comments. I'm ok. My granny went peacefully - she suffered a massive stroke and didn't quite regain consciousness...

I can't complain about the way she was taken: quick and painless.

The only part that I haven't been able to come to terms with is that I've not made good my words - I promised to show her my new home (which I didn't actually want to, coz my flooring's black, and I hack all my walls - I did everything that she hated..) and I didn't get to.

We chatted on the phone just a few days before she fell, and I promised I would call more often (even though I suck big time at small talk, and always hated to have to ask her the same old "have you had your breakfast/lunch/dinner" and "how're your legs" questions), and she was so happy she told Seabloke.

Granny was the reason I got to finish school after my Dad passed away (when his assets were frozen for reasons far out of the scope of this blog entry), and the reason I'm living a normal life today.

Granny had always been overbearing, extremely fiery and extremely doting at the same time. Her presence had been impossible to ignore. At 84, she was far more alert than me, and was way better with people than me. It's been difficult to look at her lifeless body for the past 2 days, and be convinced that that's my granny. I kept going to look at her face, zooming in and zooming out, just wanting to get a firm grip on reality...

I was telling D just hours before she left us that I was going to spend the following week telling her about Christ - I believe she could hear me (she responded by choking everytime I nudged her - I knew she did, and I didn't care that the consultant who attended to her insisted that her entire brain was damaged). Really, I couldn't think of a better opportunity to share with her my faith (I mean, she wouldn't be able to tell me to shut up!).

For some strange reason, I know that she's in a good place. She must have believed in what I believe, since she's never asked me to hold a joss stick...

I trust that she is in the good hands of Christ my Lord.

Thanks, Cory, for your email. I'm sorry about what you went through, and am immensely happy for you that you eventually found yourself a new life. I'll reply soonest I can.

Thanks, Lord Tedders, for your comment on scalping NQ. Will publish and comment as soon as I can.

Thanks, Michelle (INO), for your email. I've given your a brief reply. Yes, will call you. On Friday.

No comments: