All positions were opened together with the real money trades yesterday at 12am EST.
From the time that I entered, all the pairs were showing me a loss.
By 3am EST, the loss for this "control" group was up to $1200 in total, with GBP/USD and EUR/JPY incurring the bulk of the loss.
Strangely, by the time US market opened, GBP/USD was the one that's making me the most money. It was a pity that this had to be the pair that I closed the earliest in my real money trade (at around 3am EST, 3 hours after I entered). GBP has been volatile.
The next pair I closed was EUR/USD.
I broke even eventually (well, not exactly, I made $1.07. Ha ha).
All the yen crosses were closed with a profit.
On FXGame, the basket's showing $2400 profit at 2:30am EST today (about half hour ago).
24 hours ago, it was $1200 in the red (that's the worst it did - lasted for a few minutes, then went back down to a range of -600 to -800, then basket started to show profit - albeit not impressive (300 - 600) - about an hour prior to US market open).
All 9 pairs in the simulated basket are 10,000 mini contracts.
In total, my position was less than a standard lot size.
90,000 units lot for a profit of $2400 in 26 hours; worst retracement came at a cost of $1200.
Gives me an idea of what my stop loss should be in future.
That said, it's premature at this point to determine what an ideal stop loss is for now.
A month (at least) of data collection is in order.
Update (12/17):
- Closed EUR/USD at loss of $1200 (EUR/USD has rallied up from bottom and is now above 20-year resistance at around 1.37).
- Closed AUD/USD at loss of $700
New real money positions opened at around 2:45am EST today:
Entered at limit and waited for order to be filled at "Ask" price.
Hur Hur Hur....
No comments:
Post a Comment