I've been chatting with a friend during the US trading session lately (yes, a brand new experience for me) and on Friday, just right after he called a top at a certain level, I went long, and was stopped out eventually of course.
Friend said I had no faith in him; I said I have no faith in anyone.
And that's just who I've always been.
I believe that to have faith in another human being is absolutely the worst thing that one could do to himself/herself.
I say this from personal experience, and I don't care if others don't see what I see.
The past year has been the best year of my life, all because I STOP WANTING to have faith in those closest to me.
During the years that I had wanted to believe and have faith, I had spent tremendous amount of energy and time looking for reasons to do so, only to uncover things and witness events that support my hypothesis that people who claim they love me are generally not trustworthy.
I ended up disappointed - utterly enraged in fact - and started launching a series of merciless assaults that caused a lot of heartaches.
It was when I finally stopped having faith, and stopped wanting to have it that I found peace and joy.
Having no faith, and expecting the worst everyday works for me, and I intend to keep it that way.
Friend said I had no faith in him; I said I have no faith in anyone.
And that's just who I've always been.
I believe that to have faith in another human being is absolutely the worst thing that one could do to himself/herself.
I say this from personal experience, and I don't care if others don't see what I see.
The past year has been the best year of my life, all because I STOP WANTING to have faith in those closest to me.
During the years that I had wanted to believe and have faith, I had spent tremendous amount of energy and time looking for reasons to do so, only to uncover things and witness events that support my hypothesis that people who claim they love me are generally not trustworthy.
I ended up disappointed - utterly enraged in fact - and started launching a series of merciless assaults that caused a lot of heartaches.
It was when I finally stopped having faith, and stopped wanting to have it that I found peace and joy.
Having no faith, and expecting the worst everyday works for me, and I intend to keep it that way.
7 comments:
Interesting, I am at quite opposite direction. When I meet someone new they are always starting at perfect 10 in my book. And from that point on the only action applies to the score is subtraction. And thus there is no surprise when a disappointment shows up, it is expected and the score is reduced accordingly.
Jules, I totally agree with you. It is when one see death face to face or get hurt so badly that one will get enlightened. My journey is that putting faith into people equates to putting pain into myself. Less faith in people, means less pain in myself, means I'm more happy, and means I'll treat others better. Therefore, no faith equal best for everyone.
Cory, I share a similar scoring structure as you, so I don't think the relationship is opposite. Maybe because emotions were not invested into the faith to begin with, thus not hurting as a result.
:-) Cory & Ed, I'm referring to a very specific person here. I guess I'm haunted - me hurting him, him hurting me. And the irony of it all is this: it's when I started to believe, for the first time, that true love is a myth, that I finally was able to stay happy for weeks and months in a row.
You know, if I ever have kids again, I'll most definitely tell them that Santa Claus is just a symbol of the commercialization of a holy holiday - before they are weaned off milk.
All these lies that we tell our kids to make them believe that the world is a beautiful place will only turn them into psychopaths once they find out for themselves how ugly it really is.
I guess when it comes to D, things will never be simple and straightforward. Maybe that's what's intriguing about him.
Your nieces know santa doesn't exist. Neither do presents appear under a tree nicely wrapped up. And they know someone is hiding under that mickey mouse character cos they go poke his eyes.
But they belive monsters hide under the bed, and in the dark walk-in closet.
Dang.
That's so like us when we were kids, Sea! LOL!
Remember the guards? We poked their nose? LOL! And I slept with lights on?
Know what's scary? They have our blood. They're doing all the things we did as kids!
wonder when they'll start blowing up toads...
Don't wonder. I'll teach them now! LOL!!!
Post a Comment