Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Officially Angry For The First Time In 6 Months

I won't be posting my trades until I can get the face of the people that have pissed me off and hindered my progress out of my fucking mind.

It took me a very long time to get my confidence back and to start trading MY way again. So I sure as hell do not appreciate being derailed AGAIN, and I definitely do not appreciate receiving their emails!!

To hell with people who cannot bear to see others NOT going through the same mess they've been through when they first started out.

I trade with a decent amount of sensibility. I am NOT a gambler. I have no sophisticated risk management method, but it's simple and effective enough to keep me from wiping out my account EVER. I have a method that has worked for me so far. I don't think of getting 200% returns - 100% yes - which is totally reasonable and achievable for DAYTRADERS! I don't rest enough and spent almost all my waking hours studying the market and the instruments I trade!

So stop throwing your "fatal flaw" advice in my face!

Yes, I am emotional. And I always will be. But I will still continue to trade.

BITE ME!!!

20 comments:

mvw said...

Jules, I fully respect you for your transparency.

One thing I learned since surfing blogs is that very seldom do you see an honest blogger. That is, most bloggers go quiet during losing streaks but when they're hot they're talkative.

And any self proclaimed guru who is trying to derail you, I'd love to inspect their trades.

And also, I love haters! They motivate me. If I had to guess, I'd venture to say that you are the same way. :)

JE said...

"BITE ME!!!"

HELL YEAH!

I love this blog.

:-)

Charlie G. said...

Sorry I haven't said Hi recently Jules.

I wish my blog had distractors and haters (he, he!)

I would take it as a sign of success and a badge of honor.

PS: Remind me not to piss you off!

Market Monkey said...

Jules,

Aside from your profitable approach, I really admire your tenacity and outright refusal to give in. While I understand where those negative feelings come from (Envy- something I've felt going through your results) it doesn't make for a good reason to try to bring you down.

The smarter part of your audience will instead learn from your strengths rather than criticize your weaknesses.

Good luck going forward. Just ignore them and keep on going down your already succesful path :)

MM

TST said...

Jules:

1)Err...some poison people are like that. Dangerous to our health....

2) When you have cool a bit (I know that you are open to positive suggestion)...i suggest that you open a trade blog, that recorded all your trades - all the good, bad & ugly. Some times you shared it with us (public), if you want. The style of ..say..."Jules in Combat" trade blog is different than "Jules in Jumbles" which is a "connection with other traders" blog.

3) I have my own trade blogs, full of charts and warts - for my eyes only. A quiet time for self-study....

sage08 said...

What fatal flaw? I don't see any fatal flaw in your trading. As far as i know, you are still profitable after all these months and have certainly not blown out your account. Keep it up and take your time to achieve your results.

cory said...

Sometimes you just need to turn off your comment section. I know it is a bother unable to make a comment on your excellent blog but I will cope (I did and it was a pain, I tell ya!).

De'Trader said...

Keep fighting Jules. You are inspiration for small capital trader like me :)

I have a friend daytrading with $500 and fight till he's drop dead. Of course some of you think it's crazy but he never give up. Even he blowed out his account I had respect for him. A David in this Goliath business.

Jules said...

Spot on, MVW! :-) I DO love and hate haters LOL! For the past 2 weeks, what motivated me was the claim that traders without at least a 100k account are not going to make it. My futures trading account with IB has always been 10k to 40K, my account with Infinity is much smaller (a project to grow the account with minimal startup), and I told D that I will publish my statement either end of this or next year to show that daytraders don't need 100k to make money. So you see, the 800-dollar loss means a lot more than just monetary loss...

Thanks for the kind words :-) To the best of my knowledge, there are actually many successful and enlightened traders who don't reveal their trading results because of reasons that will take more than a few paragraphs to expound...but I might share them bit by bit in my posts. I'm very far from success, so I can still publish my PnL. LOL!

Jules said...

Thank you, MM :-)
Humans are hard to understand. People that are my friends, I'll feel so happy for them when they make money, (although at the same time I will kick myself for falling behind). People that I don't like - I don't care if they make or lose money. So I get really bothered when people who are supposed to be my friends start playing mind games with me, knowing that I get affected emotionally easily. I started living alone since I was 16, and it still baffles me why I'm still NOT street-smart. Sigh.

Jules said...

Hello, Charlie! :-)
Welcome back to the dark world of trading! LOL!
Don't piss me off. There, I just reminded you. :-P

Jules said...

Thanks for your note, TST, and the suggestion :-)
Yes, I'm contemplating documenting my trades on my private blog, which I'm using right now to dump all my research notes and charts. But that's just a thought for now. I'm ok with sharing what I'm doing - both the good and the bad, coz I've benefited greatly from reading about what others have done - so long as people don't PISS ME OFF. :-)

seabloke said...

Dear Jules,

I don't trade, but i smell an insecure inferior *bleeping* asshole from a mile away. People who have desperate need for attention. People who need to impose their ideas on others so they can be praised for it. Eww!

I repeat... i don't trade. But i need to bite!!

Jules said...

Hi Sage (the bull-convert LOL!)!
My fatal flaw is my constant paranoia that I have fatal flaws unknown to me that are not on the list of that 5 fatal flaws LOL!
Thank you, Sage :-) Yes, I am actually setting very realistic long-term goals, aiming for small consistent weekly winnings. Which was why I was frustrated when my scalp profits was despised by people who showed me profits in the tens of thousands (supposedly the amount that a decent trader should be aiming for). I most certainly love that kind of profit (who doesn't??), but it's ridiculous for me to be thinking that kind of money with my style of trading. I'd have a better chance with a jackpot machine!

Jules said...

Cory :-)
Nah, I don't want to put you through that kind of pain. My comment section is open and you're always welcome, if not EXPECTED, to drop a few lines of wisdom..and some educational links every other day. LOL!!!

Jules said...

De'Trader,
I read on someone's comment section (can't remember who dropped the comment, think it was TST...) about how those who died of smoke inhalation during fires were found so near to exits from where they could have escaped alive...we sometimes give up just when success is round the corner...

Jules said...

Tell me about it, Sea!! Your teeth marks are still on my arms...you were so small then and I was so big, and yet you were capable of inflicting serious injuries like that! LOL!

Jules said...

:-) JE, I love my blog too, for the friends I've made here :-)

Ziad said...

Hi Jules,

(I wrote this comment by accident on an old post of urs as i was checking out ur blog, so i'm re-posting here just in case u don't get alerted to comments on old posts).

I read the comment you wrote on EP's blog. I must say that I wasn't at all aware of any rant to begin with! LoL. But either way, you really didn't have to apologize as I don't usually take things personally because everyone has a right to an opinion. However, I do really want to thank you for all kind things you said.

My intent for writing the comment to Michael was indeed a genuine desire to help. I remembered myself in his shoes at one point and I couldn't just sit there and not offer advice that I thought would benefit him. The only thing is that I can't express anything without utmost sincerity- even if at times that gets interpreted as arrogance by those who don't know me.

But now that you've mentioned the "rant", I'm very interested to know what you wrote about me!! LOL. If you still have the deleted post, I'd love it if you'd shoot it over to me (zdmasri@yahoo.com) just for kicks. Don't worry I won't take any offence. I might even agree with some things you said :)

Ziad

Jules said...

I'll send you an email, Ziad :-)