$4000 - yesterday
$1000 - an hour ago
Winnings (NOT real) from online poker. Hur hur hur.....

TF's LACK OF MOMENTUM continues to drive me up the wall.
Playing poker (while chart watching) definitely helps to take the edge off my frustration. It's also a perfect place to learn about striking only when you have a very high probability of winning the pot. Am starting to even enjoy folding once crazy players raise crazy amounts before the first community card is even dealt. I don't care if I'm holding two "A"s - if someone raises 500, I'm out. Without a single community card out there, I have no idea what my probability of winning is, and I'm not going to give my money to bullies and bluffs.
Best part about playing poker while trading is that it gives me something to do other than staring at my charts. Taking my eyes off charts has actually helped me to read them better whenever I return to them.
If only I had stopped staring at my charts after consecutive wins, my last 2 losing days could have been winning days (2 points and 1.1 point respectively). Staring led to chasing. So, instead of 3 losing days followed by 2 winning days, I ended up with 5 consecutive losing days.
Totally killed my spirit.
D came to my rescue. He suggested that I aim for just one winning day -regardless of how pathetic the winning is for the day, I will call it quits once I have a winning trade.
$1000 - an hour ago
Winnings (NOT real) from online poker. Hur hur hur.....
TF's LACK OF MOMENTUM continues to drive me up the wall.
Playing poker (while chart watching) definitely helps to take the edge off my frustration. It's also a perfect place to learn about striking only when you have a very high probability of winning the pot. Am starting to even enjoy folding once crazy players raise crazy amounts before the first community card is even dealt. I don't care if I'm holding two "A"s - if someone raises 500, I'm out. Without a single community card out there, I have no idea what my probability of winning is, and I'm not going to give my money to bullies and bluffs.
Best part about playing poker while trading is that it gives me something to do other than staring at my charts. Taking my eyes off charts has actually helped me to read them better whenever I return to them.
If only I had stopped staring at my charts after consecutive wins, my last 2 losing days could have been winning days (2 points and 1.1 point respectively). Staring led to chasing. So, instead of 3 losing days followed by 2 winning days, I ended up with 5 consecutive losing days.
Totally killed my spirit.
D came to my rescue. He suggested that I aim for just one winning day -regardless of how pathetic the winning is for the day, I will call it quits once I have a winning trade.
So here goes, my trades today:
What I saw while stealing quick glances at my charts was an Inverted Scallop in the making. Did a quick calculation and gathered that price could move up to 495 should it break above 490.4.
Went LONG after TF broke above 490.4, and got out at breakeven after price stalled right after I entered.
Entered again, and got out after price went up a few ticks and then started stalling . TF's break above its 491.6 resistance was at decreasing volume anyway - a sign that it was not likely to hit the targetd 495. Add SLOW and COMPLETE STALL to the picture, and I was looking at the familiar setup that started my 2 weeks of heartache!!
And good that I ran. Highest TF climbed to was 492.2. I had covered my long at 492.1. I don't care if TF tests that again in the remaining hour. I'm happy I have my first winning day in a long long time!! Even though it's just 3 ticks!
I CAN'T STAND LOSING.
Can't help it. That's me. CONSECUTIVE losing days destroy my state. And I have to find a way to get my state right - by hook or by crook.
D knows me well.
But he knows poker much, much better! LOL!!!
I'm having a happy new year!
Totally made up for a lousy xmas!!!!!
Went LONG after TF broke above 490.4, and got out at breakeven after price stalled right after I entered.
Entered again, and got out after price went up a few ticks and then started stalling . TF's break above its 491.6 resistance was at decreasing volume anyway - a sign that it was not likely to hit the targetd 495. Add SLOW and COMPLETE STALL to the picture, and I was looking at the familiar setup that started my 2 weeks of heartache!!
And good that I ran. Highest TF climbed to was 492.2. I had covered my long at 492.1. I don't care if TF tests that again in the remaining hour. I'm happy I have my first winning day in a long long time!! Even though it's just 3 ticks!
I CAN'T STAND LOSING.
Can't help it. That's me. CONSECUTIVE losing days destroy my state. And I have to find a way to get my state right - by hook or by crook.
D knows me well.
But he knows poker much, much better! LOL!!!
I'm having a happy new year!
Totally made up for a lousy xmas!!!!!
1 comment:
D had a very good idea. Like Ernest Hemingway in A Moveable Feast when experiencing writer's block: "All you have to do is write one true sentence. Write the truest sentence that you know."
How about one clean, clear high probability trade?
Or from a prayer attributed to St. John Chrysostom: "O Lord my God, even if I had not done anything good before Thee, do Thou help me, in Thy grace, to make a good beginning."
Even if I've been trading garbage, let me now make a new start.
Post a Comment