Tuesday, January 6, 2009

TF Trades 1/6

Back to basics. Cleared everything I don't need, leaving just my moving average. So far, so good.

I'm thinking that TF will likely go back up to test 514.3 or at least 512.9 later today ie. it's probably going to move back into the broadening formation (pink lines). What I'm seeing now is a perfect bear trap - lower high, TF broke out on the down side of pink trendlines - in any case, Ascending Broadening Formations are generally not patterns I would use to look for selling opportunities. I'm definitely not expecting TF to punch through support at 504.6. On both hourly and daily charts, TF is looking all bullish.

Having said all the above, I'm going to be a good girl and stop at 2 trades today.

Profit: $50

Learning to take small victories.

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

"Learning to take small victories. "

Good job Jules! Every profit counts! I rode the scariest roller coaster ride today, aka the ES. I feel light headed! lol...but also came out unscathed after a close disaster trade. :)

Keep it up, girl!

sage08 said...

It's a good start, Jules. Never sneer at a profit, no matter how small.

Jules said...

Thanks, Sage. I'm trying, trying, trying...this is really going to test me. I so want to see my 3 digits again...

Jules said...

Thank you, Jane :-)
Wrote to you this morning (singapore time). Trust you got the link I sent you?
Happy trading today!