Wednesday, April 1, 2009

6E (Euro) Trades 4/1 & About Trading For A Living

Am waiting IMPATIENTLY for another setup. Totally abandoning my sniper style trading and giving up my USD100 -300 daily gains to cultivate new trading habits. I feel like a bamboo tree, except that I'll probably take more than 5 years to emerge from underground to see sunlight.

I need to adopt a different style of trading so that I can still continue to trade while working a 9 to 6 job (ok, D, I'm REALLY going to start filling those painful online application...). I need a job to keep me sane, and to keep me in the trading game. I have an emotional and practical need for an income!

After an 18-month trial, I'm as sure as I can get (I'm confused by default) about my verdict that a full-time job is good for me. I'm 101% certain that it will make me a much better trader than I was before - not that I was a good one then, but I did have a positive year...one that could have seen my account wiped out had lady luck not been on my side...

I will definitely consider trading for a living when I retire. For now, I'm just too happy (and too depressed) a person to be trading full time.

If I don't send out at least 3 job applications today, D is allowed to spank and starve me for 2 days (the starving, NOT the spanking).

I really would rather serve burgers than to have to fill in an application for a job in the public sector!!!

I HATE FORM FILLING!!!

My EURO trades for now:

I was a dumb ass for going short on my 1st trade (entry is highlighted in yellow). Realized after 2 minutes that this was the very swing that I had waited for to see if price was going to make a higher low (the floor of the downsloping channel was getting less steep, and I was prepared to see a major retracement up), and I was trading it - DOWN!

I'm a retard.

Got out within the same candle. I don't need the market to tell me that I'm wrong. NOT ANYMORE.

2nd entry (highlighted in blue) was a little better - though I was takinga chance (wasn't expecting price to break on the upside given the bearish sentiment). No hard stop was put in (price hit 1 tick above my mental stop momentarily though, before springing back up, a sign that price is being rejected at that level). The small bodied bearish candles dragged price down to near support didn't intimidate me. This is a pattern I'm familiar with. I said I would trade a 3 Rising Valley one day - today's the day, and I refused to be shaken out.

On the 3rd bullish candle up, I put in a hard stop at HH (see chart above). And, I would have been taken out at a small loss had I not taken profit when price hit resistance. I'm not ready for home-runs yet. That will be phase 2 of the exercise.

2 comments:

ryan said...

Best of luck!

Jules said...

Thank you, Ryan :-)
Happy trading today!