Sunday, April 5, 2009

Bad News Has WINGS...And STARS...

EUR (Spot) Monthly

EUR (Futures) Daily

4 comments:

mvw said...

Hi Jules, I don't chart FX, but you are right. This is very omnimous. Euros down, dollars up, equities down.

Thanks for the chart.

thelonelytrader said...

Jules, opened an account at ThinkorSwim and trying to figure out if it is better than IB. I'm liking it so far, but wanted to know what you like/dislike about it.

Jules said...

Lonely,
I actually have an account with TOS, but have been using IB only, simply coz IB's rate is still better than TOS'. I daytrade futures mainly, and have daytraded options before, and am happy with the rates and leverage (low for those who want a lot more leverage, but ok for me so far)that IB is offering.

I have very few complaints about IB in the other aspects. I tend to choose a broker that I can trust my money with, and IB has not given me a reason to doubt them so far. They have been making a few changes recently (innovating I guess), and I'm accommodating the slight inconvenience they've caused coz they've been reliable to date.

The reason I've not moved all my funds to TOS is because I don't see any reason to do so. Not even if TOS' were to offer the same rate as IB. I personally prefer to use data feed from a different service, that's why I use TOS charts instead of those that get feeds from IB direct. If I were to trade from TOS platform, I'll have to look for another charting service. Doesn't make a lot of sense.

To put it very simply, I personally prefer IB. NOT if you are trading mainly FX SPOTS though. FX futures is alright on IB (happy so far). For FX spots, I think TOS should be better, simply coz IB really sucks.

Hope the above helps?

Jules said...

MVW,
EUR/USD's trend has been more or less in sync with US' major indices but for how long it's going to do that, nobody knows. I tend to do separate analysis for the 2, although I do watch the S&P/ES when I'm trading the eur futures. But whenever there's a divergence, I tend to focus on what the eur chart is doing (if I'm trading eur), leaving the S&P/ES charts in the background. I do not attempt to find out the whys when I'm in trade. If my chart's not doing what it's supposed to do, I get out. I catch up with news only AFTER I've closed my position.