Wednesday, November 26, 2008

TF & FX Trades 11/ 24 - Update

Exited my TF short positions from yesterday with 3k damage to my account.

FX: exited 4 pairs manually, and was stopped out for the remaining 6 pairs.
Damage: 2000 pips on total of 10k units.

Thick grey lines on charts below roughly show the point of my short entries.

Exited 4 positions at the low of the day before the pairs rallied again. The others (with the exception of USD/JPY) were stopped out slightly above the low.

I'm blaming all my losses from yesterday on:
1) The position of my monitors
2) My restless cats
3) The temperature of my room (so cold it froze my brain)
4) D, for my very bad mood
5) Flu virus, which always attack me on days when I'm in very bad mood

Yes, I'm blaming everything except:
a) My pea size brain
b) My utter reluctance to reassess my view on where the market is heading when my view is apparently flawed
c) My total lack of respect for stop losses
d) My abandoning the method that was perfect for me simply coz by adhering to all the parameters that come with it, I'd be limiting myself to just a few choice setups a day, which means fewer points to earn

No trading today. Switched the position of my monitor and end my 3-week long suffering. What was I thinking when I moved it from my right to my left???

Down with something - haven't quite made out what it is. I'm freezing in a home with the air-conditioning turned off and windows all shut. My head won't stop throbbing, and I'm very very very grouchy.

8 comments:

FX said...

Sad to hear about your loss, but we both know that it isn't problem in trading. You know how to trade. Maybe this is about you decision to go to work again, or some other mood problem lately.
I'm sure that you will be happy at least a bit when you hear that I had my best day for that long that I don't remember. I made mental shift somehow and trade as I always want to trade and I didn't sabotage myself in any way.

Don C said...

Drink a cup of bitingly hot Lemsip, sleep for 10 hours straight, take your furry ones out for a walk and take a break from trading for the rest of this shortened week.

And maybe... move your monitor to the centre ?

Jules said...

Hey, FX, good for you! :-)

I read your latest posting and am happy for you indeed!

The next time you trade, be sure to go through that posting first so you can repeat your success :-)

I'm sure you can do this in the long run. Read Ray Borros's journey, read Dr Brett and the other traders who have made it and you'll be surprise how long it took them to make a mental shift. You should be proud of yourself :-)

I'm still in the first phase of finding out who I am, what I'm made of, and what's really getting in my way of terms of achieving consistent performance. I don't know myself, and that's the beginning of trouble.

You're past that, and on the journey of "fixing" those problems you've identified.

That's really good news. Thanks FX :-)

Jules said...

Hello Don! Where've you been? :-)

I've been sleeping and eating yesterday, and in fact dozed off before US market open. Got up just hours ago and felt like I've been hit by a train :-)

My furry ones don't need walks. They've been hyper and dashing about the house. I'm the one that needs sun and walk.

But am not ready to take a break from trading yet. Maybe just futures but am continuing with FX. I have to get rid of my bad habits, not just avoid trading so that I can avoid making those stupid mistakes.

Time to face myself. And if I have to pay doing that, I'll pay. I learn from hurt. Just the way I am. I wish it's easier and I can just follow the good old advice in trading books and do exactly the successful traders did :-)

My monitor is in the centre now. Why didn't I think of that earlier???

Jeez.

Don C said...

Nice swing hold on the TF.

Agree that we have to pay to learn our market lessons.
Learning from others is important but I guess the key is translating that into something that is suitable for oneself.

Enjoy the weekend.

Jules said...

Thanks, Don :-)
I am starting to see the challenge in finding a method/system of trading that suits a person. The search could take years for all I know. Everything I've done will work for a while, then fail, then work again...and I haven't exactly found anything that seems "right" - I'm guessing it has to do with the fact that I have inadequate knowledge with respect to how the market works.

Lord Tedders said...

Jules,

No - it is inadequate knowledge of how YOU work.

The market is merely a reflection of your expectations and feelings.

LT

Jules said...

Spot on, LT.
Jules in jumbles' aptly named huh?
:-)